Build times

Sooo...been talking to the dealer almost daily and Chevrolet site daily.  Scheduled delivery to my dealer was said to be 08 Jan, this was said by the dealer.  The Chevy site says the truck is still sitting in Flint....dealer confirmed this.

Dealer couldnt answer me if it is being delivered by rail or transport.  Being delivered to Central Maine.  Hopes are dwindling.  I will keep all posted.

Ordered early June.  Build date of week of 11/15/21

i ordered my 2022 gm 3500 Denali diesel july 09/21 was built aug /21 was put on hold aug 31/21 and still on hold no can tell me nothing i wish they would just be honest have talked to a few people at gm but nobody knows nothing the one lady at gm  told me its very weird   

That is strange Animal~ maybe one of those crushed because of rodents waiting in a field on chips? A Double D GMC is loaded with em. My buddy ordered a loaded up High Country last April, got it in December.

A workmate is probably ordering tomorrow - dealer tells him end of March, April latest for a 2500HD, Ext cab/8'bed gas 4wd custom. Pretty bare bones but end of March? I think it's bullsht. 

animal41 -- I feel your pain. I ordered a full-up Sierra Denali CCSB 4WD 3500HD back in April. The order was rolled to a 2022 in July and built Aug 17 whereupon it went into "Chip-Hold" on some parking lot in Flint.  Dealer has been less than helpful updating status. But in the last few days it appears that the truck has been "chipped"  and  shipped.  Dealer still has not obtained  an actual delivery estimate. FFS!  

I suggest deep breathing and meditation!  

I understand the chip shortage.  They also started up a second plant in Oshawa.

Is their a 1-800 number for GM I can call and vent my frustrations to?  Dealer not really helping out.  Website is generic answers.

No more patience.  

Without really knowing what’s involved. If I was GM or the others I’d figure a way to get in control of the situation. Of course I suspect that the auto makers profits aren’t really off that much with little discounts offered. Less product more money. Just imagine in a few years when those people who overpaid try to sell those bargains.

26 minutes ago, Cheekster96 said:

I understand the chip shortage.  They also started up a second plant in Oshawa.

Is their a 1-800 number for GM I can call and vent my frustrations to?  Dealer not really helping out.  Website is generic answers.

No more patience.  

I'm guessing you don't work in an industry where you are directly affected by this. 

Nothing is gonna help, just cancel your order if you are so upset about it

• Thanks 1

GM was over taken by Toyota for number one in sales.  Mostly based on their inability to deliver trucks.  That speaks volumes as to the lethargy behind the wheel at GM.  Their biggest profit maker, and they failed.  Freakin' Morons!

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/04/2021-december-auto-sales/

I'm so pissed off by this news.  First time I get notice of a delay in the build, will be the last.  This truck was just a "retirement present", not a necessity. 

I genuinely feel for those not in a similar position, and wish everyone the best. :cheers:

I’m wanting to order a 2500 CC 4x4 LT with 6.6 gas engine.  I’ve talked to 5 different dealers and have gotten 2 different answers.  Three are small dealers in rural areas.  They say 4-6 months on an order and 2 of them told me the gas engine trucks are not being built right now - maybe by the end of Feb.  The other 2 dealers are both in the top 10 in sales in the US  for Chevrolet.  They told me a sold order would be 6-8 weeks.  Don’t want to sell my current ride and then wait for 6 months before new truck arrives.