Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Build times


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

If you buy any vehicle now without an inflated trade in. Usually going for msrp or above. You will get hosed the next time around. If I was still working and had to buy for work. It would be a work truck stripped. Than go after market for goodies I needed for comfort. 

I can trade my 21 in for the same or more than I paid for it and can get a new on GMS, so with that said I can get the same truck I have for cheaper or more truck for the same price.  

 

I dont get all the bells whistles but I get a lot of them.  And cost wise and hassle wise its not worth getting the stripped truck and building it from there, have tried that before and it doesnt work out in th eend.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nards444 said:

I can trade my 21 in for the same or more than I paid for it and can get a new on GMS, so with that said I can get the same truck I have for cheaper or more truck for the same price.  

 

I dont get all the bells whistles but I get a lot of them.  And cost wise and hassle wise its not worth getting the stripped truck and building it from there, have tried that before and it doesnt work out in th eend.  

The car pro radio program I listen to on Saturdays says with a five year old or newer SUV or truck. The trade ins are beating the mark ups. Certain lease vehicles are bringing lots of equity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nards444 said:

 

So I wonder if all the components are there such as the elements in the seats button on the dash etc, its just missing the components or brain to make them work. 

 

I have a 21 and with trade in values and my GM pricing it actually works out for me to get a new truck again.  But I dont want to be missing a bunch of items.   What you stated sounds ok if its only a for a few months, but almost sounds like an empty promise and almost feel like its a trap, in that 2-3 years down the road if GM never makes the truck right and when you go to trade or sell your going to get well that was a covid truck its not worth as much

i read on one of the GM sites GM moved the approximate time frame for activating the heated seats/steering wheel to Q3 '22 from their original goal of Q2 '22.   Saw a news report earlier this week that the global chip shortage will drag out longer than forecasted. 

"Bird in the hand..." comes to mind.  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nards444 said:

 

So I wonder if all the components are there such as the elements in the seats button on the dash etc, its just missing the components or brain to make them work. 

 

I have a 21 and with trade in values and my GM pricing it actually works out for me to get a new truck again.  But I dont want to be missing a bunch of items.   What you stated sounds ok if its only a for a few months, but almost sounds like an empty promise and almost feel like its a trap, in that 2-3 years down the road if GM never makes the truck right and when you go to trade or sell your going to get well that was a covid truck its not worth as much

From what I gather, all of the components will be installed just not functional.  It would be a real nightmare for the dealers if they had to tear dashes and seats apart to install switches, heating elements etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a 2022 Chevy duramax high country October 21st. The only way they would accept the order was if I dropped the high country deluxe option. I really wanted the rear view camera and the heads up display, but it wasn’t a deal breaker. It was scheduled for a build the week of December 6th. I got a vin the first of January. It is stuck in a code of 3800. I have quit asking the dealer because they don’t have a clue. I have tried calling dealers when I see a truck on there web site but they are sold with people waiting behind them. I just hope I get it buy April to pull my camper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes I wonder if these dealers are playing games. When your long-awaited truck arrives at their lot, they could sell to you at the originally agreed upon sticker price, or they could sell to an impatient customer for $8K or $10K over. They can hold on to your deposit and order another truck, meanwhile you just started another wait period but you'd be none the wiser.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the day of order to day mine came in it was 110 days, a reg cab 3500hd GMC. The dealer called me the day it arrived and offered me a check for 5k if they could sell it to someone else, I said no thanks I ordered what I wanted and it's mine. Get to the dealership and there is literally 4 guys trying to buy my truck that was already paid for on delivery......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My dealer was allocated a build slot and my order from 1/24/22 was placed (Code 1100) on 2/4.  As of now, apparently, Chevy is only allowing spray on bedliner options for the High Country trim levels.  Therefore, I had to proceed without it.  Not a big deal as there are plenty of options for that outside of GM.  I am assuming they are having supply issues with the liner material and are rationing for their top tier models.  I can only assume the Denali would fall in there as well.  Of all the options I put on this truck I wasn't expecting the ChevTech spray on bedliner to throw a flag.  Very early in the process here so we will see if anything else pops up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I order 2022 3500 Denali diesel loaded July 07/21 it was build and a hold placed on it Aug. 31/21   the hold finally came off Feb. 07/22 and was loaded on the train Feb 08/22 it should be at Edmonton rail yard this week end  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

To close out my input on order time to delivery time.  Just picked up my truck.

* Initial discussion to get order started - October 3rd.

* Order placed into system -December 2nd

* Truck built - early February

* Truck arrived at Larry H. Miller in Murray, UT - February 25th

It shipped straight from production to the rail yard, and then to dealership, arriving a bit earlier than expected.  It did not come with heated seat/steering wheel or with the Bedside Storage Box option that we had ordered in December.

 

3500HD LT CC/SB 4x4 Cherry Red Tint Coat/Gideon-Very Dark Atmosphere 6.6 Gas engine

Options:

Convenience Package

Bedside storage boxes  (not available)

Gooseneck 5th wheel package

Power Sunroof

Leather package

Convenience Package II

Auxiliary Trailer Camera

Front Bucket Seats with Center Console

Trailering Mirrors -Heated Power-Adjustable, Auto Dimming w/Turn Indicators

Interior Convenience Package

Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package

Dual Alternator & Batteries

Multiflex tailgate

Bedview Camera

Black Molded Splash guards

Autotrac 2 Speed Transfer Case

High Idle Switch

Upfitter Switch Kit

Engine Block Heater

Trailer TPMS

 

In November we could have placed the order, but the Gooseneck hitch option was restricted, and I wanted the OEM setup.  In order to get the next slot in December (which by then had released the restriction on the Gooseneck option), we had to eliminate the Roof Marker Light Option.   Dealer didn't know Bedside Storage Boxes would not be delivered until trucks showed up on their lot.

 

Overall, I'm very happy with how things turned out.  The exclusion of the bedside storage boxes turned out for the best, as my plans changed between the time of order and the truck showed up.  The dealership was awesome to work with.  From order through delivery, the Sales Person, General Sales Manager and Finance Manager were really great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, sheath said:

To close out my input on order time to delivery time.  Just picked up my truck.

* Initial discussion to get order started - October 3rd.

* Order placed into system -December 2nd

* Truck built - early February

* Truck arrived at Larry H. Miller in Murray, UT - February 25th

It shipped straight from production to the rail yard, and then to dealership, arriving a bit earlier than expected.  It did not come with heated seat/steering wheel or with the Bedside Storage Box option that we had ordered in December.

 

3500HD LT CC/SB 4x4 Cherry Red Tint Coat/Gideon-Very Dark Atmosphere 6.6 Gas engine

Options:

Convenience Package

Bedside storage boxes  (not available)

Gooseneck 5th wheel package

Power Sunroof

Leather package

Convenience Package II

Auxiliary Trailer Camera

Front Bucket Seats with Center Console

Trailering Mirrors -Heated Power-Adjustable, Auto Dimming w/Turn Indicators

Interior Convenience Package

Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package

Dual Alternator & Batteries

Multiflex tailgate

Bedview Camera

Black Molded Splash guards

Autotrac 2 Speed Transfer Case

High Idle Switch

Upfitter Switch Kit

Engine Block Heater

Trailer TPMS

 

In November we could have placed the order, but the Gooseneck hitch option was restricted, and I wanted the OEM setup.  In order to get the next slot in December (which by then had released the restriction on the Gooseneck option), we had to eliminate the Roof Marker Light Option.   Dealer didn't know Bedside Storage Boxes would not be delivered until trucks showed up on their lot.

 

Overall, I'm very happy with how things turned out.  The exclusion of the bedside storage boxes turned out for the best, as my plans changed between the time of order and the truck showed up.  The dealership was awesome to work with.  From order through delivery, the Sales Person, General Sales Manager and Finance Manager were really great.

You got lucky? I ordered a 2500 Custom, gas in September. With hardly any options. Still nothing. All I have is a VIN saying its built. It has been slotted as "Missing Parts". That was in January.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Cody12385 said:

I placed my order Feb 22/22. As of today truck was at event code 3000.  Any input as to how long it's been taking to go from 3000 to production? 

Duramax crew z71 lt Texas edition 3500 srw.

 

My timeline so far:

 

Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW ordered 9/9/2021.

11/22/21 - 1100 (preliminary order accepted)

12/8/21 - 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
1/28/22 - 3300   ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION - TPW: 2/7/22

2/14/22 - 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)

2/24/22 - 3800 Vehicle produced

2/25/22 - 4300 Intermediate delivery

 

As of today, it's still in Flint being "inspected". Dealer told me on 2/25 to expect it in about a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.