Battery drain in cold weather

Battery is completely dead after the truck sits in cold weather for more than 48 hours. Dealer changed out battery, but it happened again. There has to be a drain on the battery some where. Possibly the seat heaters? Dealer does not want to replace the modules unless they know for sure that’s the issue.

AC Delco batteries?  I've had issues with them in the past.  In fact, just helped a woman with a 17 Acadia last week by jump starting her car because the AC Delco battery went bad.  Personally, there are times when my truck goes for days without being started.  When I go out to start it and drive I don't have any issues, however knowing my history with AC Delco batteries is only a matter of time.

There is a step-by-step diagnostic procedure determine if the source of the increased parasitic loss. 

Clearly it shouldn't be dead after 48 hours. 

Anything been added / plugged in that is causing additional drain?

It is not the brand of battery. This has happened 2 winters in a row in below freezing. The dealer has done diagnostics and can’t find the issue. We are on at least the third battery. The truck was totally dead and could not be jumped. 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:28 AM, PaulStern said:

Battery is completely dead after the truck sits in cold weather for more than 48 hours. Dealer changed out battery, but it happened again. There has to be a drain on the battery some where. Possibly the seat heaters? Dealer does not want to replace the modules unless they know for sure that’s the issue.

Do you leave anything plugged into the round 12v accessory power outlets (front and back) when truck is off, like a dash cam? My manual says these outlets are part of the "Retained Accessory Power (RAP)" and outlet power will turn off when truck is shut off and driver's door is opened. However, my outlets were always on and I found that the power outlets fuse F27 on my new 2020 Silverado was not in the correct position for RAP. In the Instrument Panel Fuse Block Right (access by opening passenger front door), check 50 amp fuse F27. Make sure this fuse is NOT connected with the lug at position F28. For RAP, F27 should be on the left and center lugs. Connecting F27 with F28 gives constant battery power, not RAP. 

F27 Accessory power outlet/retained accessory power
F28 Accessory power outlet/Battery

Fuse F27.jpg

On 1/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, PaulStern said:

It is not the brand of battery. This has happened 2 winters in a row in below freezing. The dealer has done diagnostics and can’t find the issue. We are on at least the third battery. The truck was totally dead and could not be jumped. 

Same brand battery, or 3 different brands?  I've seen it before.  Once the original battery in the vehicle dies I swap out for another brand.