2022 refresh seat comfort

I sure hope they did change some.  I really love the design of these trucks and with the new OS being Google, if the seats are better really thinking about giving them another try. I just don't really like ram trucks that much, I've had to lemon law fords and am super disappointed with the new tundra.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:58 PM, Mikedfw said:

I had a 2019 denali and absolutely hated the seats, I know a lot of people have complained about them.  Anyone that has a 2022 refreshed model, can you tell if they improved the seat comfort at all?

What did you replace it with? 

Mines a '21 denali.

Seat bottom height adjustments for front and rear of seat bottom are separate.

Took a lot of fiddling with the front and rear rear height adjustments to get the combination of tilt and height that would work for me. 

Truck has 2 drivers that like much different positions.

It would be a nightmare without the memory settings.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:58 PM, Mikedfw said:

I had a 2019 denali and absolutely hated the seats, I know a lot of people have complained about them.  Anyone that has a 2022 refreshed model, can you tell if they improved the seat comfort at all?

The 2014-2020 generation seats are the worst seats ever! I'm in a 2021 Sierra Denali with different design seat and they are ergonomically better but over all marginally better as in they dont hurt like the previous generation. Still too firm. Doesnt look like the seats changed much but the advertising for the massage seat option states they are different and more comfortable. But no one has them yet. Thats what will make me jump also. 

4 minutes ago, seamus2154 said:

The 2014-2020 generation seats are the worst seats ever! I'm in a 2021 Sierra Denali with different design seat and they are ergonomically better but over all marginally better as in they dont hurt like the previous generation. Still too firm. Doesnt look like the seats changed much but the advertising for the massage seat option states they are different and more comfortable. But no one has them yet. Thats what will make me jump also. 

Does the refresh have the same style covers and shape as the LTD?

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, 1454 said:

What did you replace it with? 

I have a kia stinger, was planning on replacing it with the new tundra as I have had tons of issues with the ford and have horror stories about ram.  Don't think I've ever been as disappointed with a vehicle as the new tundra, so now I'm back looking at these after the refresh. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, mafd2 said:

Does the refresh have the same style covers and shape as the LTD?

From everyones pictures they look the same. No one has posted having the new massage, improved seats yet. They are an upgrade and will be available on the refresh. One person posted coming from a '21 to the new refresh that they felt better?? But mentioned not an apple to apple comparison due to the new truck not having ventilated seats...which does compromise comfort due to the bubble wrap type design GM uses incorporated into the seat for ventilation.

Well have to get more information when more people get their refresh. 

The seat would not look any different if they made any change it would have been in the foam they used or the moulding method used in making the seat.

GM seemed to really listen to the customers on the new interiors I would think they were also listening to customers about the seats.  

I wonder if the part  numbers are the same or not?

2022 refresh at4, seats feel exactly the same as my 21 silverado. I had a five hour drive to get my truck...my back felt just as bad on the way back with the new seats as it did driving up in the 21.

• Like 1