2022 refresh seat comfort

Bumping this up again for more feedback. I'm looking hard at a '22-23 refresh Sierra 1500 AT4 but I'm very worried about seat comfort. I've been in a couple '21 Sierras/Silverados and their seats are terribly firm and uncomfortable. My other potential truck is a '22 Lariat F150 and their seats are like a La-Z-Boy recliner compared to the GM trucks. I can't find a '22 refresh Sierra near me to look at, so I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys.

Edited by Spencer Munn

seats are the same.  theyre rock hard and uncomortable.   if you saw what the cushions in an f150 were made out of, you'd understand why they feel that way.  my last truck was an 18 f150.  I put factory leather in it myself at 40k or so and the cushions were all ripped and completely shot.   i eventually replaced the drivers seat bottom.   I weigh 200#, so it isn't like it was my fault.    i'll take the chevy seats any day of the week.  they'll loosen up.  mine already seem to be marginally better than they were two months ago.

29 minutes ago, ascalise said:

seats are the same.  theyre rock hard and uncomortable.   if you saw what the cushions in an f150 were made out of, you'd understand why they feel that way.  my last truck was an 18 f150.  I put factory leather in it myself at 40k or so and the cushions were all ripped and completely shot.   i eventually replaced the drivers seat bottom.   I weigh 200#, so it isn't like it was my fault.    i'll take the chevy seats any day of the week.  they'll loosen up.  mine already seem to be marginally better than they were two months ago.

Honest question because I’ve never seen the F150 cushion.  Wouldn’t be the similar foam material to a Silverado/Sierra except it’s thicker?   

On 9/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, Spencer Munn said:

Bumping this up again for more feedback. I'm looking hard at a '22-23 refresh Sierra 1500 AT4 but I'm very worried about seat comfort. I've been in a couple '21 Sierras/Silverados and their seats are terribly firm and uncomfortable. My other potential truck is a '22 Lariat F150 and their seats are like a La-Z-Boy recliner compared to the GM trucks. I can't find a '22 refresh Sierra near me to look at, so I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys.

I rented a Ford and the seats were great in comparision to my '21 Denali...which kinda suck. Rented a Dodge too and the Ford had the best seats....too bad its a Ford. Love my truck in 100 ways...hate the seats. 

On 9/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, ascalise said:

Thank you for the info, even though it is disappointing to hear. I'm a farmer, so depending on the day I might get in/out of the truck 30 times or more. The seats in my '14 F150 are still holding together and extremely comfortable. I also live pretty far from everywhere so I would prefer a comfortable seat for my long drives. But the new Sierra is interesting enough I still plan to track one down to sit in myself before deciding. As is the case with most things, the ideal truck for me would be a weird Ford/GM/RAM hybrid. 

my last gm a 2013 suburban ltz had awful front seat comfort, my 2022 refresh custom with the 10 way power seat is much better but still not as good as my 2014 ram 1500 or my 08 tundra, but I've been logging long miles and getting out at fill ups still able to walk although stiff and need a little stretch lol, I was in a gmc 2022 refresh loaded leather for a long drive as well and it was same, maybe even a little better than the softer cloth of the custom but they are livable to me now and I'm not cursing it through ownership like I did with the 2013 which lasted 1 year before I went to the ram 1500

I have a 2020 AT4 and recently sat in a refresh AT4 and I can say with certainty they are improved/slightly softer.  stitching is slightly different along with the cover and padding being softer but yet firm.  They new seat was more comfortable brand new then my 2yr old seat.  They might still be too firm for some but IMO they are improved over my '20 at4.  Can't speak for other models but I'm assuming they changed all leather versions as they all seem to have slightly different stitch lines.   They now use the same cover/padding design  as the 21+ yukon.

I am unable to locate a part # for the refresh but may end up ordering new cover and pad for a 22 refresh once available. 

2022 refresh

image.png.2e4d8cd0cfa72cab7fb8148a973a65c5.png

image.png.8832c446a0caf9eadb6add10250fa952.png

Edited by ajs800
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was at the GMC dealership yesterday, and sat in both a '22 AT4 and AT4X.  IMO you have to move up to the AT4X to get a somewhat comfortable seat bottom cushion, and it also had massaging seat backs.  To me the AT4 seats felt the same as prior years, like a park bench.    

1 hour ago, CE750 said:

Was at the GMC dealership yesterday, and sat in both a '22 AT4 and AT4X.  IMO you have to move up to the AT4X to get a somewhat comfortable seat bottom cushion, and it also had massaging seat backs.  To me the AT4 seats felt the same as prior years, like a park bench.    

That is sad that type of truck is marketed and geared towards that type of customer. Those owners are never going to use any of its capability, yet they guys that will, they don't get the option. The suburban soccer dads are ruining trucks and pricing out the actual people that need and use them. 

Tyler

9 hours ago, latreille89 said:

Just came out of my 21 Silverado into a 2022 refreshed Sierra. I find the seats a little softer not and not as rock hard. It was enough to instantly notice it so time will tell if they stay as comfortable.

That's what I noticed. The seats in the refresh aren't a firm as the others. Granted, I had a 2500 HC and a 2500 Denali, but the seats were the same. These new ones seem to have more give to them. However, as you said, will they hold up as well as the others. What I've always noticed is that while the GM truck seats were much firmer than that of Ford or RAM, they held up better over time and didn't get flat or sink.

• 6 months later...

1st post. 
I have a ‘23 Sierra 1500 Denali. Less than 2K miles. These seats are the worst. Maybe they’re better than the previous generation but compared to the King Ranch I traded in they’re gawd awful. So very disappointed. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 7:26 PM, Kevin Bray said:

1st post. 
I have a ‘23 Sierra 1500 Denali. Less than 2K miles. These seats are the worst. Maybe they’re better than the previous generation but compared to the King Ranch I traded in they’re gawd awful. So very disappointed. 

2023 Silverado LTZ seats are worse than my 2008 Silverado LT seats and much worse than the 2023 F150 Lariat seats.

The biggest issue is the short popliteal seat depth. The bottom seat cushion ends much too early and is not close enough to the back of the knee.

I've owned all of the Big 3. All high end models with leather. Since 2016, I've owned an F150 King Ranch, then Ram Limited 1500 , F150 Platinum and now GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 1500. I never had seat issues with any of them and the GMC comfort is equal to all which means excellent. The massage feature is much better than the F150. 

Edited by Jus Cruisin