2021 Denali Supercharger

I have a 2021 6.2 Denali and am seriously interested in boosting it. I live in Northern California and want to know some relatively close and very reputable shops to get this done. I’m willing to travel out of state too but don’t want to drive 3 days to get there… any recommendations and if possible some feedback from someone who has done the S/C mod? I did a TRD S/C on my 2014 tundra back in the day and that was the best bang for the buck hands down. Hoping the same for this truck…

1 hour ago, David Lampkins said:

I have a 2021 6.2 Denali and am seriously interested in boosting it. I live in Northern California and want to know some relatively close and very reputable shops to get this done. I’m willing to travel out of state too but don’t want to drive 3 days to get there… any recommendations and if possible some feedback from someone who has done the S/C mod? I did a TRD S/C on my 2014 tundra back in the day and that was the best bang for the buck hands down. Hoping the same for this truck…

https://whipplesuperchargers.com

I have never personally used them but know people who have and were pleased with them.

26 minutes ago, AEmedic said:

I would drive down to Whipple.  I have their unit on my 21 HC 6.2 and it’s awesome!

That’s good to hear! Did you have them install it and what supporting mods did you do? I know tune is a must and intake and exhaust but anything else? What were you final dyno numbers and 0-60/ quarter mile times if you did it. I am about an hour and 20 minutes north of Fresno so I might be taking a trip down there tomorrow 😃

1 hour ago, Anon12345 said:

I was always curious about this so following.  

Do you have to change any critical parts like bottom end parts or valvetrain parts or drivetrain parts to handle the boost?

When I did the TRD S/C on my Tundra it was installed by the dealership and the only supporting mods were intake and exhaust and tune. I’m assuming it’s the same with the Sierra… However, I would love to do some internals but it might require transmission upgrades. If it is 650 ish at the crank that is respectable. I saw that Hennessey has a Goliath 700 and 800 kit but I don’t want to drop $30k into that. 

I think Whipple is your only option because they have it CARB legal.

Whipple kits are designed to be plug and play. You don't need an intake or exhaust work at all for them to function. You are limited on how much boost you can run though. Can't really swap to a smaller pulley if the fuel system can't handle it.

Edited by CamGTP

11 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

I think Whipple is your only option because they have it CARB legal.

Whipple kits are designed to be plug and play. You don't need an intake or exhaust work at all for them to function. You are limited on how much boost you can run though. Can't really swap to a smaller pulley if the fuel system can't handle it.

Do whipple kits void warranty?

• Haha 1

Yes. It's an engine modification as well as putting in an unlocked factory computer. My thought is that it just voids the power train warranty. It would still have the bumper to bumper stuff for the 3/36,000m on the body/interior etc etc.

Edited by CamGTP

3 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

Do whipple kits void warranty?

I did notice Whipple has an option to purchase a three-year 36,000 mile warranty for $650. It looks like it keeps the original three-year 36,000 mile warranty intact for the drivetrain. But in doing these mods I know the risk that I’m taking in voiding warranty past that. Still curious what some real world performance numbers are. 

I have a buddy that has a 5.3L 2018 Elevation and he has a whipple kit on it! It's incredible. AFAIK all he did was add a exhaust and some suspension mods thats about it. But he complains at his 10MPG/Gal & being that their Canadian $$ for the gas is insane!!

On 4/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, David Lampkins said:

Reach out to @CajunFriesHe is running a SC on the 5.3 in his 18, and is located in So Cal. He might know of a good shop. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, David Lampkins said:

NewEraPerformance is where I recommend. He is a straight up guy. He’ll tell you how it is not just want you wanna hear. His dyno also read really low so don’t get discouraged by that. I’m pumping out “560” on E60 for almost 2 years now and I beat the living snot out of my truck daily and it’s still holding strong. Engine and trans. 

Lmk if you have any other questions. 

• Like 2