Jump to content

OK, If GM Was NOT an Option ..??


Recommended Posts

I don't like the looks of the new F150,  have never cared for anything Toyota,  the Honda seems more car like than a truck,  I worked for a Dodge Chrysler Plymouth dealer years ago and for many reasons Ram is out.   I nearly bought a Titan before getting my 19 sierra,  but hated the two tone interior.  But as petty as it may sound to some one of the main reasons I stay with GM is the seats.  They are the most comfortable for me but more importantly if you get the upper trim levels with the heated option you have the ability to have heat on your back WITHOUT having the "butt" heat on,  nobody else does that and I hate the butt heat option.   But to answer the question it would either be the Titan or an F250 and then I would have to figure out how to disable the butt heat😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the new Tundra looks cleaner than previous years, only issue is getting replacement parts, most trans shops wont mess with the Aisian trannys these days due to the parts availability,  my money would be going to a pushrod motor powered truck, made in the USA  Chevy/Ram got that market

Edited by pokismoki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing as how Ford and Ram are the only other ones making 2500s or bigger I guess it would be one of them.  I still toy with the idea of going to a 450 for that turning radius.  Getting a new diesel also makes me hesitant with all the continued problems and makes me want to keep my LMM even longer.  I guess it depends on what the "big 3" end up doing with their gas motors in the next few years.  I also like having over kill when it comes to capabilities.  Only real thing lacking for me currently is 6x6 just because I'm dumb and like to find non paved roads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ford non-turbo.

There's really no other option.

  • RAM - Reliability issues (yes, all trucks have them, but RAM is notoriously bad) .
  • Nissan - Might not be around in a few years, especially the Titan.
  • Toyota - Old ones were reliable but had terrible gas mileage, new ones are still too "new", so maybe in a few years.
  • Honda Ridgeline - Just on this list to ruffle some feathers :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, nichos said:

Ford non-turbo.

There's really no other option.

  • Toyota - Old ones were reliable but had terrible gas mileage, new ones are still too "new", so maybe in a few years.

I had two coworkers with 2021 Tundras. One got 12-14mpg Highway with a 6" lift and 35s. The other would get 6 MPG towing his boat, 6" lift 35s I believe. Both of them traded them in after a year of ownership. The first guy now drives a Kia Stinger GT, base model, and the other drives a 2021 Silverado RST 6.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

I had two coworkers with 2021 Tundras. One got 12-14mpg Highway with a 6" lift and 35s. The other would get 6 MPG towing his boat, 6" lift 35s I believe. Both of them traded them in after a year of ownership. The first guy now drives a Kia Stinger GT, base model, and the other drives a 2021 Silverado RST 6.2

So 6 inch lift and big tires with bad fuel mileage? That’s the reason? That doesn’t compute. Toyota hasn’t ever been big on mileage. There’re never Johnny come lately. Reliability is the trade off, that’s undisputed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

So 6 inch lift and big tires with bad fuel mileage? That’s the reason? That doesn’t compute. Toyota hasn’t ever been big on mileage. There’re never Johnny come lately. Reliability is the trade off, that’s undisputed.

Yeah pretty much lol

The Silverado I think has a level and 35s(?) and eeks out above 10 mpg towing the boat.

 

Just was some real world examples. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2022 at 4:13 PM, nichos said:

Ford non-turbo.

There's really no other option.

  • RAM - Reliability issues (yes, all trucks have them, but RAM is notoriously bad) .
  • Nissan - Might not be around in a few years, especially the Titan.
  • Toyota - Old ones were reliable but had terrible gas mileage, new ones are still too "new", so maybe in a few years.
  • Honda Ridgeline - Just on this list to ruffle some feathers :D

sounds like a win for the Tundra !!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    246k
    Total Topics
    2.6m
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    333,598
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    Kenny18Gmc
    Newest Member
    Kenny18Gmc
    Joined
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 614 Guests (See full list)




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.