Driving Friendly and the speed limit

KARNUT

47 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I let tractor trailers in too a lost art. They get no respect. 

I always flash the big rigs after they pass me like we used to do 30+ years ago.  Very few flip the lights on and off in thanks anymore.

Edited by swathdiver
  • Like 2

I just about always let semis in unless it means hell for me for the next 10 minutes lol

Flashing in the left lane still works but it is awful when the person you flash is one of the "speed up and down all the time" crowd and they decide that they are going to try and fight you lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

...is awful when the person you flash is one of the "speed up and down all the time" crowd and they decide that they are going to try and fight you lol

I only move for them two times.  If they're not going to use their cruise control, my consideration towards them becomes quite limited!

I didn't read this entire thread but plan to.  Anyway, my dad was 26yr PA State Police and retired back in 1983.  He didn't pull anyone over unless they were doing 70mph on the highway and the speed limit was 55.  To him it was obvious you were speeding and if you went to court that was fine as well.  One time he went to his favorite spot along the interstate to work radar and got all four flats.  Someone put 2x4's full of nails under the gravel.  I was visiting back home a few years ago and ran across a PA trooper in that area and found out they named that spot after him.  After all these years.  LOL

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 5

If someone is behind you and wants to go faster, my opinion is it is rude to impede their desire period. Doesn't matter if its legal or not. I have no desire to enforce the law on others.

Besides there is no reason not to try to make it easier for them to get around you. The more assertive or aggressive they are the more you should try to accommodate them. They will only get more frustrated and engage in riskier behavior that would ultimately put yourself at risk. Pull over, move over and let them go, everyone is happy.

You want to hold traffic up behind you, fine - but if you die getting tangled up in a crash with someone, doesn't matter if you were going the speed limit or not you're still dead and I doubt there will be one word at your funeral about how righteous you were on the road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

If someone is behind you and wants to go faster, my opinion is it is rude to impede their desire period. Doesn't matter if its legal or not. I have no desire to enforce the law on others.

Besides there is no reason not to try to make it easier for them to get around you. The more assertive or aggressive they are the more you should try to accommodate them. They will only get more frustrated and engage in riskier behavior that would ultimately put yourself at risk. Pull over, move over and let them go, everyone is happy.

You want to hold traffic up behind you, fine - but if you die getting tangled up in a crash with someone, doesn't matter if you were going the speed limit or not you're still dead and I doubt there will be one word at your funeral about how righteous you were on the road.

Turn in your man card please.  This line of reasoning is why the west is collapsing rapidly before our eyes to tyranny.

Guess that lady ought to have moved her house for Anne Heche.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

So someone else should have got in front of her car and impeded her speed? Be my guest, maybe you could have got a 2 for 1 special in funeral services. 😁

Hall monitor

Security guard

Citizen speed watcher

Bus monitor

Tattle tale

peas-ina-pod

Puleeze I don't have room in my life for such self righteousness.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

Turn in your man card please.  This line of reasoning is why the west is collapsing rapidly before our eyes to tyranny.

There’s rationality to his post. I’ve been on both sides of aggressive driving I’ve done it, gone dark wasn’t thinking clearly. He riding my ass I’ll show him. Lock ‘‘em down. I’m no wimp. But car fights are ridiculous. I see it on every trip east. Nothing to do with a man card. Of course I’m hardly ever traveling alone anymore. So there’s that. I’m number 1 example of aggressive driving. I learned before it was too late. I almost wrecked a guy out for cutting me off while shooting me the bird. Oh baby I’m going to take you out. Go ahead pull over let’s settle this. I even had a go pro. Just before I gave him the bumper my phone rang. My wife. Reasoning came back then I got scared. Change me. I’m probably the most friendly on the road. I’m retired no hurry, no worries. No one’s ever called me a wimp to my face. In a car, I hope you feel better. 

• Like 2

Another drive friendly thing I do without much thought. Going towards town for my walks in the AM the road turns to 4 lanes with a center turn lane. It’s a 45 mph road with lots of right turns into subdivisions and other roads that lead to the loop or interstate. I usually stay to the left in these situation at red lights so people can turn on red and proceed. If I forget I feel embarrassed  I’ll turn right. It’s doesn’t make my drive any longer. One of the stupidest self centered things I see people do is leaving parking lots. They’ll want to go left across 4 lanes. It ain’t happening. Just across the parking lot is a light with a left turn light. Most stores in my town are curving the exit lanes right if’s there’s no light.  

Edited by KARNUT