2023 Silverado HD special order and allotment

Are dealers still taking orders? I have a pretty unique truck order specification that isn’t found on any searches of inventory. I sent off some requests to dealers here in the Portland area and none are willing to order or are blowing smoke you know where to get me in the door.

The dealers are, BUT.....it can be a never ending thing.  People have waited (years) literally for their truck to arrive.  I think I can share some good advice here, start looking way away from a city to a country dealer.  They are usually more upfront about wait times and will surely do you better with the whole buying experience....Living in Atlanta, that's what I did and it was an amazing experience...I bought my truck from Milledgeville, GA.  About 90 minutes from where we live.  Best thing ever!!

• Like 1

Changeover to the 2024 models is happening in February. With only a month to go for 2023 production its very unlikely that any truck not already scheduled for build this month will ever happen. 

1 hour ago, Jettech1 said:

The dealers are, BUT.....it can be a never ending thing.  People have waited (years) literally for their truck to arrive.  I think I can share some good advice here, start looking way away from a city to a country dealer.  They are usually more upfront about wait times and will surely do you better with the whole buying experience....Living in Atlanta, that's what I did and it was an amazing experience...I bought my truck from Milledgeville, GA.  About 90 minutes from where we live.  Best thing ever!!

+1 on this.

I bought in Coeur D'Alene, ID (near Spokane, WA) and got my 3500 AT4 for $5k under MSRP with some other dealer perks as well. I placed the order on 10/04/22 and it has been built and shipped already. The ETA is 01/13/23 and I've already made plans to collect it the following week as the dealer told me that their vehicle usually arrive within +/- 1-2 days from the ETA. So that's just a tad over 3 months from order to pickup.

However, like as was stated above, it's unlikely that you will get a 2023 ordered and built now. My order was on 10/04, but the build didn't start until 12/05.

2 hours ago, Davew277 said:

+1 on this.

I bought in Coeur D'Alene, ID (near Spokane, WA) and got my 3500 AT4 for $5k under MSRP with some other dealer perks as well. I placed the order on 10/04/22 and it has been built and shipped already. The ETA is 01/13/23 and I've already made plans to collect it the following week as the dealer told me that their vehicle usually arrive within +/- 1-2 days from the ETA. So that's just a tad over 3 months from order to pickup.

However, like as was stated above, it's unlikely that you will get a 2023 ordered and built now. My order was on 10/04, but the build didn't start until 12/05.

Yup, total wild card.  My recommendation is to stay away from big city dealers and go with the country dealers...

On 1/1/2023 at 6:09 PM, dal1980 said:

You wont get a 2023 ordered at this point.  GM put a Stop Order on 2023's late October early November.  You'll be waiting on a 2024 like me.

Do you know what the stop order was for?  I've had an order in since the end of July on a 2023 High Country 3500 D-Max. Truck was built in Canada and had showed an "In-Transit" status on the Chevrolet site and the dealers website.  Its been that way for about 2 months showing delayed status.  Now it recently dropped from both sites completely.  I had a chat with Chevy support and all they could say was its delayed with no other info or scheduled delivery dates.  Really leaning towards bailing on this one and just ordering a 24.

5 minutes ago, CRApex said:

Do you know what the stop order was for?  I've had an order in since the end of July on a 2023 High Country 3500 D-Max. Truck was built in Canada and had showed an "In-Transit" status on the Chevrolet site and the dealers website.  Its been that way for about 2 months showing delayed status.  Now it recently dropped from both sites completely.  I had a chat with Chevy support and all they could say was its delayed with no other info or scheduled delivery dates.  Really leaning towards bailing on this one and just ordering a 24.

Best I can gather from what the dealer told me, was it was due to the 24's rolling out.  I would assume Chevy had filled order banks on 23's and wouldnt accept any additional orders.  I wouldnt imagine it having any bearing on orders that were picked up by Chevy or in-transit completions.  

On 1/5/2023 at 11:04 AM, arkenzo said:

Any idea on when they're going to allow people to order the 2024n 2500's?

I've read on a couple of internet posts that it will be Jan 19th. But you can't always trust what you read on the 'net...

On 1/5/2023 at 9:36 AM, CRApex said:

I was in the same boat; I ordered a truck in June, no allocation available until October. Meanwhile in October, there was an LTZ in Oshawa awaiting transit and was asked if I wanted it. I said Yes, and arrival was supposed to be ~Thanksgiving. Far as I know, it's still up there "in transit" lol.

Reading between the lines, I am guessing Oshawa plant is to be refitted for 2024s first, so GM probably wanted a stockpile of stuff to sell while the transition took place, with Flint building 2023s after a certain point. So I took a truck that was built in Flint well after my allocation occurred. Right or wrong, my guess is we had bad timing relative to GMs mid-cycle refresh.

On a somewhat related note, I was tired of waiting for something I didn't know would come in or be built. The dealer had a ultra-loaded 2022 2500 LTZ Duramax I offered $75,000 for (list $80,000 after $1,000 rebate), and they refused, saying they couldn't discount that much. Yesterday I get an e-mail of sales and that very truck is now $74,900 just two weeks after my offer 🤥. So I think prices may be starting to intersect with lower demand.