Denali Ultimate interior fade?

My blue jeans would 'dye' the light colored leather in my 2015. Thorough cleaning fixed it. The piping wore prematurely in my opinion, I make special effort not to slide in and out and the finish was wearing off anyways.

I hate cloth upholstery because it collects and holds dust in it. I hate our 'leather' upholstery because very poor quality.

39 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

My blue jeans would 'dye' the light colored leather in my 2015. Thorough cleaning fixed it. The piping wore prematurely in my opinion, I make special effort not to slide in and out and the finish was wearing off anyways.

I hate cloth upholstery because it collects and holds dust in it. I hate our 'leather' upholstery because very poor quality.

This is the Denali ultimate.  If I have to worry about the same things you did on your 2015.... as you can imagine.... I'll be livid. 

1 minute ago, Paul Ventimiglia said:

This is the Denali ultimate.  If I have to worry about the same things you did on your 2015.... as you can imagine.... I'll be livid. 

Businesses exist to make money.  If they can save costs somewhere, they will.  Just because you paid more doesn't mean they paid more 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Ventimiglia said:

Ladies and gentlemen, please do not speak at or above this man, he drives a DENALI ULTIMATE and should not have to deal with such comments and irrelevant posts...

News flash, all brands have issues if used carelessly and not taken care of. Any search of King Ranch, Laramie Longhorn and even German luxury brands have forums of people with seats wearing. Take are if it and it will take care of you, if you slide in and out a ton well nothing won't show and wear.

50 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

Dang, if only there was a device I could use to suck up the dust... 

That is what I love about cloth, it is durable and easy to address any issues. I can vacuum it, if it gets bad a shampooer will deep clean it, they are lighter, more comfortable, less complex (no fans and cooling agents needed), they don't get near as cold or hot (they naturally breath and you don't stick or burn to it) and the maintenance is minimal to last a long time (no cleaner and conditioner needed). All I do is vacuum the seat when I vacuum the floors and that is pretty much it. Put a seat cover on when wet (which I do with leather too), it really is a great material and glad to see it making a comeback and be a premium option in some high-end brands like Porsche and Mercedes. 

Tyler

My wife’s 2011 Genesis seat looks brand new. No I don’t think there’re using better quality leather. She sits on a cushion. They make all kinds. The Honda with just 2 years of my butt is starting to show wear. The seats a little hard, I’m going to try one.

Not enough time with mine yet but I've owned 2 King Ranch Fords and the leather didn't stay perfect. I look at some leather variation as character. If it bugs you, it's worth a trip by the dealership. I suspect you could get it warrantied. 

Realized my slightly discolored black leather spots are due to a family members over application of sun screen. I’ve gotten most of the white sunscreen out but still a noticeable spot. Not sure what cleaner to use that won’t further damage the fake leather. 

Your discolored spots could be due to lotion or sunscreen transfer. 

2 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, please do not speak at or above this man, he drives a DENALI ULTIMATE and should not have to deal with such comments and irrelevant posts...

News flash, all brands have issues if used carelessly and not taken care of. Any search of King Ranch, Laramie Longhorn and even German luxury brands have forums of people with seats wearing. Take are if it and it will take care of you, if you slide in and out a ton well nothing won't show and wear.

That is what I love about cloth, it is durable and easy to address any issues. I can vacuum it, if it gets bad a shampooer will deep clean it, they are lighter, more comfortable, less complex (no fans and cooling agents needed), they don't get near as cold or hot (they naturally breath and you don't stick or burn to it) and the maintenance is minimal to last a long time (no cleaner and conditioner needed). All I do is vacuum the seat when I vacuum the floors and that is pretty much it. Put a seat cover on when wet (which I do with leather too), it really is a great material and glad to see it making a comeback and be a premium option in some high-end brands like Porsche and Mercedes. 

Tyler

At or above me?   You sound like a complete douche bag.  I don't care what level vehicle you buy - but when you spend $85k plus on a vehicle and it starts to have interior issues inside of 2000 miles that's a problem - idc who you are.  

re read the rules of this forum.  Don't be a dick for no reason douche bag. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

That is what I love about cloth, it is durable and easy to address any issues. I can vacuum it, if it gets bad a shampooer will deep clean it, they are lighter, more comfortable, less complex (no fans and cooling agents needed), they don't get near as cold or hot (they naturally breath and you don't stick or burn to it) and the maintenance is minimal to last a long time (no cleaner and conditioner needed). All I do is vacuum the seat when I vacuum the floors and that is pretty much it.

...except that after you've finished vacuuming it - whack it a couple times and watch the dust fly.

Off topic, why have we not figured out a better floor covering for vehicles than carpet?

15 hours ago, Paul Ventimiglia said:

Your point? You have leather seats just like I do. I was dissatisfied with the color integrity of mine too. Thank GAWD i didn't spend $85K or I'd be really livid...

Good thing paying that much gets you out of the plebian problem bracket. I'd watch out though - that truck was painted in the same line as the lowly WT, sure hope none of the overspray got on it. 

• Like 1

Look like something spilled or rubbed off someone's pants, possible say something like placing a hot pizza box on the seat could stain it like that perhaps. Know that this is gm and the seats even in a 100k denali truck will source the cheapest quality leather, and hell 50% of the seats are fake leather and not even real, only the seating tops are actual leather unless that has been changed but i doubt it.

Edited by BIGDOGx