2 hours ago, Ronjon said:

Idk if this is applicable to everyone else, but I thought only amsoil and acdelco had dexosd light duty Diesel motor oil. There's a whole list of them here. What's everyones thoughts?Screenshot_20230206_090556.thumb.jpg.0edc25cc616cb3f0939c87deffe4fc62.jpg

https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexosd/index.html

Those are DEXOS D licensed products.  If I owned a 3.0 TD I would run Amsoil DP020 for the performance and cleanliness benefit. Its not licensed but exceeds the Dexos D spec.  My dealer has confirmed Amsoil is warranted. Redline may make a similar product by now and I would look at that too. Why for Amsoil and Redline, testing shows they work exceptionally well and they use higher quality base oils than the licensed list.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, customboss said:

Those are DEXOS D licensed products.  If I owned a 3.0 TD I would run Amsoil DP020 for the performance and cleanliness benefit. Its not licensed but exceeds the Dexos D spec.  My dealer has confirmed Amsoil is warranted. Redline may make a similar product by now and I would look at that too. Why for Amsoil and Redline, testing shows they work exceptionally well and they use higher quality base oils than the licensed list.  

Here some info I got from AMSOIL a while back..

While the GM dexos and Dexron specifications plays the important role of setting a minimum-quality standard, it also limits the flexibility needed to create the highest level of protection. AMSOIL uses these standards as an initial benchmark, then moves beyond them to provide motor oil and transmission fluid with superior performance and protection. GM also collects royalties on the license. Subscribing to the program would limit our ability to produce the most innovative products on the market. The additional costs would also require price increases. Rather than paying royalties and passing the cost on to consumers, we back our products with our warranty.. We have ample test data to support our claims.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Here some info I got from AMSOIL a while back..

We agree, the problem is warranty so check with dealer. Amsoil will provide oil related failure warranty but if its questionable have a dealer that will cover your 6.  

3 hours ago, Ronjon said:

Idk if this is applicable to everyone else, but I thought only amsoil and acdelco had dexosd light duty Diesel motor oil. There's a whole list of them here. What's everyones thoughts?Screenshot_20230206_090556.thumb.jpg.0edc25cc616cb3f0939c87deffe4fc62.jpg

https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexosd/index.html

One of those or the Amsoil Synthetic Diesel 0w20 would do the trick.  Its about time there were a couple more options though with how many of these 3.0s are out there/how long its been out now.  

• Thanks 2

I can only find the Mobil 1 ESP from googling. For the price I'll probably just keep using the AC Delco and Amsoil.

Has anyone hooked up a 5 micron bypass oil filter yet?

In an email (to me) from amsoil they have no intentions ATM to make a vehicle specific kit for the 3.0 Duramax.