2024 Silverado HD configurator

4 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I've got a probably stupid question because I've never ordered a vehicle in my life.  If you order a vehicle, are you expected to pay MSRP on it or can you negotiate prior to ordering or when it's delivered?  Not that I'm going to order one @Pryme.  Don't get your hopes up.

You can negotiate.  I’ve purchased from the same dealer for years and they have always been fair and competitive without even needing to negotiate.

2 minutes ago, CRApex said:

You can negotiate.  I’ve purchased from the same dealer for years and they have always been fair and competitive without even needing to negotiate.

Interesting.  Thanks for educating me.  I never knew that.

8 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

I don't know.  I've said this before and I'll say it again.  If I ever buy another HD, it will be a 3500 GMC with the diesel engine in it....period.  Go for the gusto.  

My last several trucks have been diesels and absolutely love ‘em.  They drive great, very quiet and tow awesome and have not had all of the “emissions nightmares” you read about on the forums. I said in the past here that if the 10spd Allison was to be made available for the gas truck I’d give it a try, so thats how I ordered my 24.  Worst case I go back to the diesel, it should be a great comparison and it’s saving me $9390.00!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pryme said:

The old days like pre 2020?

I think that ended sometime around the mid 2000's 

I leased a 99 2wd, well equipped Tahoe for $150 per month all in without a penny down, and that was a 15k per yr lease. I had it about 16 months and put over 20 k on it. I kept it longer than the original contract of 12 months because my new truck was delayed in being built. Even keeping those few extra months only cost me $180 per month. 

• Like 1

I have an Equinox build that was placed a couple weeks ago and the "Iron gray metallic" was on restraint for the balance of the 23 model year. I asked the salesman "Doesnt anyone in Mexico sell paint ?"  

I knew the answer but the smart a$$ in me couldnt resist. GM is a multi Billion dollar operation, they cant get a few drums of paint delivered ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Several Idaho dealers are telling me I can order a 2024 2500 AT4 now and it may show up in time for Christmas.  A dealer in Boise has one that is scheduled to arrive in Idaho on April 7.  I gave them a $1000 to put my name on it.  I have the build and the VIN.  Does that sound correct?  Is anyone taking delivery so quickly?

Thanks!  This one is from Flint.  It sounds like I'll be one of the earlier ones to have this in Idaho, anyway.  I bought a 22 refreshed 1500 AT4 with a 3.0 l, it was my dream truck.  However it didn't get the expected mileage while pulling my 24' bumper-pull RV.  I didn't use much DEF around town, but it sure went through it while pulling.  I was very surprised.