I have noticed since I installed my OGM1, in my 2011 Tahoe LT w/ BOSE, the timer in the DIC stays at 00:00:00. All other DIC features function normally (as far as I can tell). Any suggestions?

I think you have to start the timer by pressing the check key. Mine has read zero for over a year now, both stock and Advent radios. Never had a need for the timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in the owner's manual. Ignition has to be on to start or stop the time. Press set/reset button once to start, press again to stop. Press and hold to reset. The timer continues to run while the ignition is on.

Thanks for the responses. I guess before I installed the OGM-1 I never stopped the timer. Every time I gassed up I reset it, along with the others. I used it as another tool for fuel economy. I can run the engine about 12.5 hours between fill-ups. Now, with the NAV unit I guess it's almost useless. Thanks again.

Thanks for the responses. I guess before I installed the OGM-1 I never stopped the timer. Every time I gassed up I reset it, along with the others. I used it as another tool for fuel economy. I can run the engine about 12.5 hours between fill-ups. Now, with the NAV unit I guess it's almost useless. Thanks again.

You sure you're not missing something? I tried today and mine kept counting after each stop and I do have the OGM navi unit.

Well I never used it until this morning when I remembered this thread and figured I'd see what mine did. I can't think of anything the timer would be useful for so I never paid it much attention.

• 4 months later...

The DIC timer? Is this the function that you can reset through the DIC panel that I added to my truck? Well from what I know I never had the option until I added the extra button option on my dash, basically it was a timer based on how long my truck would be on. Yes, I always have had to hold the check button to start the thing. Hours and such are very useful for a work vehicle as they idle alot more and mileage would not be as important for maintenance.

The DIC timer? Is this the function that you can reset through the DIC panel that I added to my truck? Well from what I know I never had the option until I added the extra button option on my dash, basically it was a timer based on how long my truck would be on. Yes, I always have had to hold the check button to start the thing. Hours and such are very useful for a work vehicle as they idle alot more and mileage would not be as important for maintenance.

So it is just a resettable hour meter then?

Archived