Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor Tire vs BFGoodrich All-Terrain Tire

Darthmalo

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor vs BFGoodrich All-Terrain. Anyone have a good tire recommendation. Which one is better for a 2WD truck. City, highway and snow drive. I like the looks for the all terrain tire.

We have the Silent Armors on a lot of the city trucks, including my work truck. I will have to say they are good in the snow, rain, and have been ok out in the mud on construction sites. Seem to be wearing well too.

I've never had SilentArmors, but I had Wranglers on a 4x4 Nissan Frontier, so take this for what it is worth. I sold the truck with 135000 on the clock, with the Wranglers, so I don't know how long they lasted. However, I had some slick muddy places I had to frequent, and I often quit having to use 4WD with the Wranglers. Seemed like they gripped better than the previous tires.

I currently have BFG's, and I like them. I am at 23000 miles on them, and Discount Tire says they are wearing well, each time I rotate them.

I have Goodyear Silent Armor's on my summer rims right now. They are good tires off-road and have good on-road feel and traction. I haven't run mine in the winter, but I think that they would do good. I have Goodyear Wrangler AT/S' for the winter and they are good, but theh tread on the Silent Armor's is a little more agressive. I had BF-Goodrich All-Terrains on an S-10 ZR-2 and they were very good tires overall and were very good in the winter. The BFG's had 35K miles on them when the S-10's lease ended and they still had about a quarter of the tread left. The Silent Armor's I have are probably at 15K miles and the wear is not bad. I would guess they will last for over 35K miles. The biggest difference is the noise level. The Silent Armor's are far from "silent". I think they are louder than the BFG's and much louder than the AT/S'. I would go which whatever tires are the best price.

i had the good year silent armors on my 2 door tahoe. had two sets acutally. first set wore away pretty fast, but then i went to a 305 in an E load and they held up a lot better

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

DSC04321-1.jpg

Goodyear Duratrac's all the way- best wet weather/ snow tire i've had.

X2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goodyear Silent Armor no doubt. I believe they come with a 50,000 mile guarantee, and they have a smooth quiet ride. Just depends on if you want a more aggressive look or not, but I would go with Silent armor.

Archived