Why/what/will you upgrade to the K2XX?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your gonna be hoping for a loooong time

I really don't care, If GM didn't do it, I will do it my self, hopefully it is easy to convert it into Denali Trim :tear:

• 4 weeks later...

If GM had built the previous 4500 & 5500's similar in size body wise to Ford & Dodge they would have sold plenty of them. The 45 & 5500"s where really Class 6 size trucks but not built heavy enough to be a Class 6. Plus I don't think they really ever put a whole lot of effort into selling them to start with. We have had 5500 Dodge trucks on our farm over the years mainly because the GM dealers around here didn't want to fool with that size of trucks.

If GM had built the previous 4500 & 5500's similar in size body wise to Ford & Dodge they would have sold plenty of them. The 45 & 5500"s where really Class 6 size trucks but not built heavy enough to be a Class 6. Plus I don't think they really ever put a whole lot of effort into selling them to start with. We have had 5500 Dodge trucks on our farm over the years mainly because the GM dealers around here didn't want to fool with that size of trucks.

That was a big part of it. Down-sizing a class 6 truck to make a class 4/5 was clearly not what the market wanted. It would be easy I think to make a class 4/5 out of the new HD models. Rumors persist that GM is working on something, but no word yet.

Totally agree & as much fault lay with the dealers who seem to want to ignore the market. Maybe they have to retool or add on to service the vehicles? I looked into the 45/5500 series years ago before buying a dually, but was unsure of how far you would have to go to find service or parts.

Hopefully they get the dealerships to at least add a good range of 25/3500 series. Around here it is tough to find a dealer with more than one on the lot.

Right now we are eyeing a couple decisions. Will prob put our 2008 Vette up for sale so we are out of the payment, that being the case I will order either a 2014/15 Crew Cab / 5.5' bed / All Terrain with the 20" wheels and the 6.2l motor. Just wish GM would allow the blue color in the AT package, instead I will prob order it in silver. Was told tonight it will be another 6-12 months before the 6.2L is ready to be ordered.

At that point I will either sell the 2010 AT we have now or trade it in.

After I get the truck will prob order it most of the stuff I want done, then put on a mince Magnaflow muffler and either the GM performance parts cold air kit of a K&N CAI and call it good until HPT unlocks the ECM to be tuned with the suite.

• 4 months later...

Totally agree & as much fault lay with the dealers who seem to want to ignore the market. Maybe they have to retool or add on to service the vehicles? I looked into the 45/5500 series years ago before buying a dually, but was unsure of how far you would have to go to find service or parts.

Hopefully they get the dealerships to at least add a good range of 25/3500 series. Around here it is tough to find a dealer with more than one on the lot.

I work at an Iron Ore mine they bought a ton of these 45/55 trucks and we wait forever for parts the dealers don't stock them, I don't even think the regional warehouse does it takes a minumum of 4 days for parts for them..... that's a lot of downtime in a 24/7 operation

• 1 month later...

As a consequence of getting older (62), I want something more comfortable, quieter and less cumbersome to drive then a pickup. I've really been eyeballing the new 2014 Impala. I would not consider buying another vehicle unless I could rent one for a few days and a road trip to Vegas, a 10 minute test drive just won't cut it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm at 191K on my 02 extended 6-6. Still running strong. Have a couple misc. rattles to chase down.

So the 02 would have be totaled or something major fail before a move towards a K2.

If it was today, I would probably just find a clean 99+ DTS and hold out for a 6.2/8-speed 2wd non Denali/High Country Crew shorty-bed (has to fit in the garage).

I don't think I could ever warm up to the double cab. Suicide doors are the natural order of the universe and all within.

Then there's the choking down of $40-43K. That's double of the 02.

Archived