Chit chat

SarahsGMC

NASCAR, baseball, later in the season football. It's going to be a little harder to enjoy the big game this year after the saints thing. I enjoy greatness, Brady is magical, can't be denied. I find it perplexing that more people these days can't enjoy greatness in all forms. They seek to tear it down. Today a person can be demonized for standing still and smiling. Never mind he may be 16 and wearing a red hat. Make America great again. Offensive, really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

It seems difficult to elect someone of good character and morals to office these days.  Regardless of political affiliation. 

Probably because people of good character have morals against being s*&t bags thus preventing them from ever entering politics.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Probably because people of good character have morals against being s*&t bags thus preventing them from ever entering politics.

THIS TIMES 13 TRILLION

I used to be a big NASCAR fan, but it's just not the same since Jeff Gordon retired. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since some people seem to be parts wizards.  Figured out what cap I was missing it's to my cold start valve.  GM doesn't sell just the cap and I'm not spending 20+ to buy the valve just for a cap.  I'll eventually check junkyards in the snowballs chance that they have a 2500/3500 let alone a diesel.  Until then anyone know if I can get just the cap for GM part# 1263772.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/DURAMAX-DIESEL-COLD-START-VALVE-FUEL-PRESSURE-SERVICE-VALVE-NEW-GM-12637722/263435848702?hash=item3d56000bfe:g:HOcAAOSw88hal7IV:rk:1:pf:1  Just the black cap though.  AC caps don't fit on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, first the Cherokee TrailHawk, a FWD based crossover rated and worked over for the Rubicon trail, and now this?!?!

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/rav4trd/

They had Falken make a specific off road tire just for it! A tire better for off road than you can get on a friggin Z71 from the factory, sure they aren't THAT meaty, but, GM didn't even go that far for the TrailBoss tires, right?

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

11 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Wow, first the Cherokee TrailHawk, a FWD based crossover rated and worked over for the Rubicon trail, and now this?!?!

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/rav4trd/

They had Falken make a specific off road tire just for it! A tire better for off road than you can get on a friggin Z71 from the factory, sure they aren't THAT meaty, but, GM didn't even go that far for the TrailBoss tires, right?

I think the TrailBoss can be had with some knobby DuraTracs, they look to be ok.

Chevyguy85, when I get home I'll see what I can find. Damn work computers are no help.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

I think the TrailBoss can be had with some knobby DuraTracs, they look to be ok.

Chevyguy85, when I get home I'll see what I can find. Damn work computers are no help.

I ended up just getting a 1/2" rubber end thing from O'reilly's and I'm good with that.  Thanks though.

22 hours ago, Colossus said:

Crappy typical slanted crapota headlights, the rest of that crapota looks good though. 

Toyota headlights have actually rated very highly in one llumination tests. The Corolla lit up hilariously more than Chevy truck headlights. 

• Like 1

My brother just got a '19 Tundra. Pretty nice. Had LED headlights and "halos" (they don't go all the way around - don't know what they're actually called) - those are CRAZY bright. Rides 100x better than my Silverado with Bilsteins, makes healthy power with the 5.7 & 4:30 gears, & large percentage of it's parts were all built and made in the USA, unlike my GM and the rest. 

I liked the manual headlight leveler - throw a big load in back, and you can adjust your headlights, so you're not getting high-beamed everywhere you go. More stuff to fail down the road, but a great idea in concept. I have more faith in their building prowess than I do in GM these days, that's for sure. They're alot more forthcoming with service information, too - makes life alot easier when you're trying to get stuff operational again for a living.

My brother just got a '19 Tundra. Pretty nice. Had LED headlights and "halos" (they don't go all the way around - don't know what they're actually called) - those are CRAZY bright. Rides 100x better than my Silverado with Bilsteins, makes healthy power with the 5.7 & 4:30 gears, & large percentage of it's parts were all built and made in the USA, unlike my GM and the rest. 

I liked the manual headlight leveler - throw a big load in back, and you can adjust your headlights, so you're not getting high-beamed everywhere you go. More stuff to fail down the road, but a great idea in concept. I have more faith in their building prowess than I do in GM these days, that's for sure. They're alot more forthcoming with service information, too - makes life alot easier when you're trying to get stuff operational again for a living.

I know a few people who love their Tundras, same with Rams. I bought a GMC it was cheaper. If the others were cheaper at the time I would have bought them. That’s how close I think they are, each have their own little issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

He actually traded his Ram for it ...  because it was a lemon! Worse than my Silverado if you can believe that. Less than 25k miles - had been in for leaking front diff pinion seal, rusting chrome bumpers when it wasn't even a year old, burning smell in engine compartment and cab, leaking struts, countless recalls, and finally a blown heater core that iced up the inside of his windows when it was below zero out. The last straw was when the service department told him, "they could not recreate the problem" - my guess is they fixed it with stop leak to get it out of their hair. Either way, he traded it for the Tundra ... and on his way back there, the LEDs on the mirror adjustment buttons all went out. When he got home, there was yet another recall for the airbags ... due to METAL FRAGMENTS being in them ... :sigh: 

I'm content with staying in the 20th Century with my vehicles. The Silverado will be the only "new" one I'll ever own again.

Edited by Jsdirt

I think power has to do with it too. Nissan, Ram, Toyota all have around 400 HP in their "normal" V8. With GM you need to option the 6.2 which is only in the higher trims.

Nissan, ram, Toyota, and ford also only offer 1, just one v8 as available in the half ton segment. GM does offer 2. Each brand has their supposed strength in their offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro