HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I love them. I've been running the older version osram nightbreakers in my srt4 retro I did for the last several years. No issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Good deal. I've run both Morimoto 4500 and 5500k bulbs and am looking for an upgrade. The 4500's were fine, but I have a small artifact above the cutoff line with the 5500k. I'd rather switch to an OEM bulb at this and be able to leave it alone for years.

I'll probably stick with 35W ballasts, my FX-R's are awesome and I'd like the longer bulb life.

I've run 35 watt ballast in my other 2 retros with fxr's but now hearing stories about 55watt ballasts being to hot may make me wanna change.

Edited by 440hsp

I was all set to run 55W ballasts with my FX-R's, but I still found some people that had managed to damage FX-R's running 55W ballasts over on Hidplanet. Some never have issues, but I'm not lucky and I have too much time in my retro to risk it. The other feedback I got was people had less eye strain with 35W driving for long periods at night.

Edited by RobZ71LM7

Yeah, I hear ya. I'll just bite the bullet and get some 35 watt ballasts and swap them. I don't want to take the chance either. Way to much time in this retro now.

The Silverado use a 3" and those can take more heat. The Sierra and maybe the 2016 Silverado, use 2.5" and those do have trouble with 55 watt. I have 55 watt in the 3" and have had no issues with 15,000 miles running them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've run 35 watt ballast in my other 2 retros with fxr's but now hearing stories about 55watt ballasts being to hot may make me wanna change.

I'm running 55W in my 3" retro, no issues thus far.

Hey guys I have some questions for yall. I have a set of DDM HIDs with the relay harness. They have been on the truck about a year now without absolutely no problems. This morning when i got up it was still dark out and my headlights would not come on. I tried everything, checked all my fuses and they are fine. I said screw it and headed to the gym, sun was kind of up at this point so it was safe to drive. After I get out the gym the headlights work fine. Well i get home and turn the truck off then restart it to see if the headlights were still working and again, they wont come on! Anyone ever have this issue?