HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

You don't need the brackets unless you take the lights apart and retrofit the lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

So I've read through alot of this and still don't know much about which kit I need. I'm wanting something in the 5K color for my 15' Silverado LTZ. Seems so many kits have issues. I'm hunting plug n play with reliabilty. What's the favorite?

You would want the Morimoto Silverado spec kit. About as plug and play as you will get with a hid kit. I went with the 5500k bulbs. Pure white. No issues so far.

Im about to order a morimoto sierra kit from TRS. Does anyone have any input on whether the 35w or 55w ballasts are a better buy? Also, is there any video/ write up on how to install the kit besides the 1st page of this thread? Thanks

I have a '15 6.2 Denali and I got the Morimoto Elite (35W 4500K) kit from TRS. It is designed to mount on the passenger's side and I found the space there to be extremely limited and IMO not the best location. I am working with TRS to get AMP extensions, and with a spliced in extra length to the power cord, I plan to mount all the components on the driver's side where the 2nd battery would go. One AMP extension harness will run from driver's side mounted ballast to the passenger side headlight. If it all works out I will post some pics.

I also thought the drivers side was a better place to mount the relay and thats where i put it. No extensions needed. Heres what i did. Take off the plastic cover on top of grill that covers radiator and fans. Held by a bunch of plastic tabs. Takes 2 minutes. Place relay inside to the left of the driver side headlight. Each ballasts will mount next to each headlight. You will see an existing wire from factory under there and thats what i zip tied the relay wire to. Once you put plastic cover back on you wont see any of it. For power i used the under hood fuse box. If you look on back of box towards firewall there is a black cap. Cap pops off and there is power from battery. Place power wire from relay here. Drill holes in dust caps and place bulbs. Done deal. Everything looks clean.

Edited by ryandemo84

Just installed a few kits from HID Extra www.hidextra.com. I have Anzo headlights so bulbs change to H3 & H7, installed Razir led bulbs which have the canbus built in. Very nice plug and play nothing else required included capacitors but did not need them. No problems at all with them.

Also dealt with the useless fog lights, by installing the HID Extra 5202 HID fog kit with 25w ballast. No capacitors needed. They actually put out some light now!

Fogs are 5000k and heads are 6000k, they matched up pretty well with the difference of projectors compared to the halogen reflector in the fogs.

Think i decided on the TRS and now to determine if 35w or 50w.

Still want to look up other options since driving to Houston to get thehidfactory install

Edited by Roader

New here and have a question. I have a 2015 Silverado and got the Silverado HID kit from TRS. Went with 35W and 5500K and I love it. Huge difference and looks great. Kit was easy to install except for the dust caps. I drilled holes in the center because thats what they want you to do. Welllllll.. I'm an idiot for not verifying that the holes should be directly in the middle or not brfore drilling. Long story short, the holes are not lined up and tossed them and have new ones in my possession.

So, if I drill the holes directly behind the bulb and connector, this bulb will be sticking out through the cover, which makes that rubber grommet useless, no? How can I seal up the housing once I have the bulb/wires going through the hole in the dust cap?

I saw one guy was heating these caps up to mold them into a shape that would give the bulb room to fit. Cool idea but I'll end up melting it into a pool of plastic.

Anyone else have this issue? Or any thoughts on my best course of action? I'm shocked I couldn't find a whole lot of people having this issue... every 2015 would run into this issue. Am i missing something?

Thanks for the help.