HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Is it that cramped under your hood?

You don't have the Duramax in your truck by what your sig says. Right behind the passenger side light is the massive airbox which butts up directly behind the headlight cover. But what really got me heated was that the factory headlight cap needs to be butchered in order for it to twist lock back on and the HID bulb and plug is too long for the factory cap to go back on.

Like I mentioned, I might revisit this at a later time when I have more patience and it's not so damn hot outside.

I do have some experience in HID retrofits but there is just no room, nor is it just "plug and play" with the Silverado Spec kit. Did a E46 retrofit in my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee I had 15 years ago. Lots of sanding and polishing to make the factory jeep lens crystal clear.

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

Edited by Lbsigman

I currently have DDM 55W HID's and no problems with them so far other than the color of lights don't match and it drives me crazy. I actually have an extra set of DDM bulbs, but they are shit and can't get them to seat properly, plus like the ones I have now, they all seem to be a little shade off of each other. I was going to order some TRS bulbs to replace my DDM I have in there now. What does everyone find matches up with the LED DRL's best? my 5K 55W match pretty good. Should I go with the 4500K or 5500K from TRS?

These are the bulbs I'm planning on ordering.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs/morimoto-xb35-9012-hir-hid-bulbs.html#.VdSsxflVhBc

Think most are doing 4500K with the 35 watt so you will need 5000 or 5500K with the 55watt. Not sure which would be the best. My 50 watt 6000K matches my LED lights at 5000K pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anyone have pics of the back of a sierra headlight after HIDs? I'm curious to see how you guys did the wires. I cut mine, drilled a small 1/4in hole dead center of the cap. Ran the wires through and spliced them back together. They applied a small amount of RTV to was little gap there was left.

Edited by zmnypit

Hey guys I need some help. I would contact TRS but they are closed for the weekend.

I ordered the TRS Sierra Spec HID kit 35w 5500k. When I was inspecting the components I noticed something different about the relay harness they sent me. I thought that there would be 3 negative ground wires (one for each ballast and one for the capacitor).

The relay I received only has one long negative ground wire connecting to the relay. The other negative comes from the capacitor. There are no negative ground wires from the inputs to the ballasts. So total I only have 2 negative ground wires.

Is this right? The packaging that the relay came in has the 9005/9006/H11 box checked off.

Edited by Angel27
  • Like 1

Anyone use 55w in stock Silverado housings?

I have 55w Ballast with 6000k bulbs. I love it. Lights up everything real nice. No issues if you get the relay and capacitors in the right order.

• Like 1