LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

I completed this install on my 2014 Silverado and recently, I upgraded to a 2018 model and the harness is a different size. Its an 8 pin plug, but it is smaller in size than the plug for the 2014s.

Does anyone have the wiring harness part# for 2018 models?

Thanks in advance for the help.

My '18 came with the lights and harness in a box under the back seat.  I guess the dealer forgot to install it, and I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Ill see if the harness has a number on it when I get home later today.

25 minutes ago, Kubs said:

My '18 came with the lights and harness in a box under the back seat.  I guess the dealer forgot to install it, and I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Ill see if the harness has a number on it when I get home later today.

That would be awesome. Thanks for the help.

I found the full LED Cargo lights for sale but I only need the harness.

Edited by davidncurtis

7 hours ago, davidncurtis said:

That would be awesome. Thanks for the help.

I found the full LED Cargo lights for sale but I only need the harness.

Here's the only number I could see on the harness. Googling it only comes up with the whole kit though. Perhaps a dealer can help.

IMG_20180416_175405611.jpg

• Thanks 1

I added the front OEM LED lights. Used a 7/64 drill bit then an impact driver to drive in the screws that came with the kit. Fit perfect and nice and tight. Then used a fish tape to fish the wires back to the tail light compartment to tap into the wire for the rear LED bed lights. Did the splice connection with an AMP splice connector and some electrical tape.

IMG_20180421_204751.thumb.jpg.dfde8b205ed41c21c868afa62e8d72d4.jpg

IMG_20180421_211144.thumb.jpg.c6f362dab1e07458494c3dd2c1c77bb0.jpg

Edited by ChristopherDB

3 minutes ago, ChristopherDB said:

I added the front OEM LED lights. Used a 7/64 drill bit then an impact driver to drive in the screws that came with the kit. Fit perfect and nice and tight. Then used a fish tape to fish the wires back to the tail lights. Did the splice connection at the tail lights with an AMP splice connector and some electrical tape.

Won't these bed lights be on all the time if you tied them into your taillights?

3 minutes ago, ChristopherDB said:

21 minutes ago, No Tyme said:

Won't these bed lights be on all the time if you tied them into your taillights?

Sorry, I didn't clarify, I have the OEM LED bed lights which have the wires run up through the rear tailights. This is what I tapped into so all the bed lights turn in when I hit the cargo light in the cab.

9 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

Sorry, I didn't clarify, I have the OEM LED bed lights which have the wires run up through the rear tailights. This is what I tapped into so all the bed lights turn in when I hit the cargo light in the cab.

Copy that. I did 2 sets also in my 14 Crew and believe it or not only used them a couple of times. My son-in-law now has the truck and is using it as a truck and not a garage queen, LOL.

Just got into this and have been doing some research and found a bulletin from 4/21/18 for the third brake light on caps.  It list options for both having and not having the in bed lighting. It also states that for beds without the lighting to order Wire Harness - GM (23327843) and use this to complete the installation. I believe this is the harness most of us have been trying to track down. I think I am going to order one and see if it plugs and plays with the harness then connect it to a set of LED light strips on the underside of each rail.  

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/920/UI Bulletin_122b.pdf

UI%20Bulletin_122b.pdf

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, Coles5515 said:

For the guys who used harness number 22878806 what year truck do you have? I ordered this one and it will not plug in on my 2017....

They changed the plug in 2016.  I don't know the correct harness number but if you search the forums or go back in this thread you should be able to find a couple different kit numbers depending on the year of the truck.

Does anyone have the female parts (housing, pins, seal) for the 2016 Silverado 1500 X400 plug?  I would think I could build the CHMSL wire for a lot less than a $27 harness. Also not going to use the factory power from box light switch for lights in topper.

• 1 month later...

Hey, all! 

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've gotten a wealth of info here over the last several years! This topic, however I'm needing some clarification on. I have a 2017 Silverado Z71. I am looking to install under rail bed lights. I have purchased these already (Audew  60" LED strips). I am not at all "electrically inclined", so I am looking to do this in the simplest way possible. As several here have, I want to get the OEM harness and wire my lights to it and then simply plug and play. However, it sounds as if the plug has changed over the years and I want to be sure I get the correct one.

So now for my questions:

First, does anybody know the part number for the correct harness for my 2017?

Second, can anyone tutor me through the wiring of my lights to that harness? 

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance on this. And for all the help this board has already given me!

Jason