Post Pics of Your 2014+

Hardly, the Chevy is miles ahead of the GMC in the looks department for this generation of truck. The GMC is like that fat ugly girl at the end of the bar, that's so ugly, you'd get alcohol poisoning before drinking her pretty. 

Im going to need you to draw me a road map for your metaphors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 2:39 PM, Btw64 said:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

Bilstein leveling kit on highest setting.

Fuel coupler 18x9-12

Bakflip cover

Morimoto fogs

Hid head lights

Not my shed

IMG_20180427_170737929_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180427_170752517_HDR.jpg

What size tires and what brand/model did you go with?  Also, any rubbing or cutting involved?  I am looking at getting these exact wheels on my 2014 crew cab and want to avoid rubbing or cutting.

Traded in my 4Runner last night, for a 2015 LTZ Silverado.

I have always had trucks, and decided to try the 4Runner, since I didn't have a current need for a truck.  4Runner was cool for a few months, then I got bored with it.

I have had Tundras, Silverados, F150s, and Tahoes.  Looking forward to being on this forum, and getting this Silverado looking the way I want.

Plan on demolding/badging, paint to match bumpers, bilsteins, and 33s within the next month or so.

Picture at the dealership:

ud5Wc08.jpg

Wife and dog approve:

6O3M6T8.jpg

Old 4Runner that I traded in after 5 months of ownership:

veGihae.jpg

Tundra I had for a few years, and traded in for the 4Runner back in January.  Plan on doing the same things with the Silverado.  Paint to match bumpers is a big one for me.  I like how clean the color matching looks:

YtaNoKR.jpg

Been a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep driver for the past 17 years.  Had a 2004 RAM 2500 quad cab diesel 4x4 that I just sold a couple years ago.  Got into a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Hemi.  Was a nice vehicle for the past 4 years, but at 102,000, was time to trade her in (besides, I want my truck back!).  Wasn't happy with the reviews of the 2018 RAM, so I've decided to give GM a chance again.  Just got her three days ago.

2018 Silverado 1500 double cab (I want the bed space!)
LTZ Plus package
Z71 package
6.2L V-8
Loaded to the gills.

IMAG0168.thumb.jpg.bd041ff43c6de01448f374cb65e5c0c7.jpg

You’ll love your new truck especially with the 6.2

Thanks.  I'm not ashamed to say I like Dodge trucks, that 2500 diesel was the best truck I've ever had (so far).  In the 12+ years I had it (even after lifting it 6" and adding 35" tires), the only thing I ever had to do to it was replace one brake caliper, replace 1 u-joint (I did replace the others when I put on the lift though just to be sure), replaced brake pads, and the little gear housing on one of the power seat motors cracked ($68 replacement off ebay).  That's it.  I really hated selling it, but had some financial struggles at the time and needed the money, or I'd still have it.

I'd love nothing more than to get a shiny new Ram 2500 Cummins diesel again, but good lord, I can't justify $65,000 for a truck (over $70,000 if you get some creature comfort goodies).  I can buy a decent little house here in PA for that!

I will say this about my new Silverado though, so far I'm loving it, and as far as looks go, I think it's the nicest looking truck I've ever bought in terms stock out of the dealer.  I don't look at it and immediately start running a list of a lot of mods and changes I want to make to it.  I want a tonneau cover and to clear bra the front end.  I'm on the fence about a 2" level kit.  And I am considering the little plug in device to remove the pedal delay, but now that I'm getting used to it, it doesn't bother me much.

One thing that I was concerned about was the offset steering (I'm a little OCD) and things like that typically bother me.  It is a non issue, not even really noticeable unless you sit there and look for it.  In fact, having the wheel slightly to the right is actually a little more comfortable since I drive with my right handle a lot.

While I do miss my big Ram diesel, I don't think this Chevy is going to disappoint. 

You’ll get over the offset steering wheel pretty quick cause all you’re going to think about now are all the things you’re going to do with your awesome new truck. I did the 2” front billet aluminum upper and lower and 1” in the rear.

19 hours ago, Daly said:

The GMC looks like it drove through an ugly tree that had fallen over, and then reversed over it for good measure. I haven't seen something that ugly since the Aztec.

Oh man the aztek was hideous. I dont know what was going through their mind approving that p.o.s

• Like 1

Dropped blackout edition 2017 won't make the Cheyenne ss so I made one. Lol 
20180627_183742.thumb.jpg.679efb8c5d1476e327d84f84481aa5de.jpg

Nice truck, looks like you barely cleared that curb. I always preferred lowering a bit for handling.

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Nice truck, looks like you barely cleared that curb. I always preferred lowering a bit for handling.

You are right it barely clears most of them. And it handles like a dream 

It's funny how opinions differ.  Everyone I've talked to so far about the new '19 Chevy and GMC have raved about how great they look, how much improved they are over the ugly-ish '16 style Silverado, and all that.  I've yet to hear a negative comment...until the posts in this thread. lol 

I’d stick with the old body styles unless they came out with this59485c1bf64f5af6efaa8603b0a68b7e.png

Luckily for people like me they are continuing to build the current Gen under the Silverado LD 2019 and the Sierra limited 2019 I believe tell sales run low.

• Like 1

I’d stick with the old body styles unless they came out with this59485c1bf64f5af6efaa8603b0a68b7e.png

Luckily for people like me they are continuing to build the current Gen under the Silverado LD 2019 and the Sierra limited 2019 I believe tell sales run low.

That looks awesome!! Very much like a Raptor but more attractive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk