Post Pics of Your 2014+

On 6/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, EDL said:

Been a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep driver for the past 17 years.  Had a 2004 RAM 2500 quad cab diesel 4x4 that I just sold a couple years ago.  Got into a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Hemi.  Was a nice vehicle for the past 4 years, but at 102,000, was time to trade her in (besides, I want my truck back!).  Wasn't happy with the reviews of the 2018 RAM, so I've decided to give GM a chance again.  Just got her three days ago.

2018 Silverado 1500 double cab (I want the bed space!)

LTZ Plus package

Z71 package

6.2L V-8

Loaded to the gills

Nice Looking Truck ! Good Luck with it I am sure you will not regret it, especially 6.2 power to MPG  

2 hours ago, Artie61 said:

Nice Looking Truck ! Good Luck with it I am sure you will not regret it, especially 6.2 power to MPG  

Thanks.  I'm not ashamed to say I like Dodge trucks, that 2500 diesel was the best truck I've ever had (so far).  In the 12+ years I had it (even after lifting it 6" and adding 35" tires), the only thing I ever had to do to it was replace one brake caliper, replace 1 u-joint (I did replace the others when I put on the lift though just to be sure), replaced brake pads, and the little gear housing on one of the power seat motors cracked ($68 replacement off ebay).  That's it.  I really hated selling it, but had some financial struggles at the time and needed the money, or I'd still have it.

I'd love nothing more than to get a shiny new Ram 2500 Cummins diesel again, but good lord, I can't justify $65,000 for a truck (over $70,000 if you get some creature comfort goodies).  I can buy a decent little house here in PA for that!

I will say this about my new Silverado though, so far I'm loving it, and as far as looks go, I think it's the nicest looking truck I've ever bought in terms stock out of the dealer.  I don't look at it and immediately start running a list of a lot of mods and changes I want to make to it.  I want a tonneau cover and to clear bra the front end.  I'm on the fence about a 2" level kit.  And I am considering the little plug in device to remove the pedal delay, but now that I'm getting used to it, it doesn't bother me much.

One thing that I was concerned about was the offset steering (I'm a little OCD) and things like that typically bother me.  It is a non issue, not even really noticeable unless you sit there and look for it.  In fact, having the wheel slightly to the right is actually a little more comfortable since I drive with my right handle a lot.

While I do miss my big Ram diesel, I don't think this Chevy is going to disappoint. 

On 6/10/2018 at 9:31 PM, Aaron1085 said:

Finally threw on a 2” rough country level and some 275/60/20 Goodyear Duratrac tires. Quite happy. Debating on whether I may need to lower my headlights (HID’s) a bit now. Have others done so?

IMG_9015.HEIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out quickly I needed to lower my headlights after installing the leveling kit. Other drivers were not pleased.

20 hours ago, Deadpoollane said:

I got a awful long distance shot of a 2019 Silverado getting tested at work267476af87a105bb5fb8527f95f1c033.png

This is like one of those "supposed" pictures of Big Foot / Sasquatch lol just kidding 

• Like 2

hahahahaa ^^^^^^^^

Just curious, what are your guy's thoughts on the 2019 so far?
the pictures of it look ok but i'm still a little iffy about it

I hate it, the front looks like it be a pain to keep clean with all those dips and holes
And the side looks so plan.14e0b6e881cdbcdc98dbb3e38b33829e.png

2 minutes ago, Cap'nJizm said:

hahahahaa ^^^^^^^^

Just curious, what are your guy's thoughts on the 2019 so far?

the pictures of it look ok but i'm still a little iffy about it

Ugly as hell. If I wanted a Ford or a tundra I would just buy a Ford  or a tundra and not a ford/tundra baby

1 minute ago, MANDINGO said:

Ugly as hell. If I wanted a Ford or a tundra I would just buy a Ford  or a tundra and not a ford/tundra baby

That's what I was thinking, looks like more like a tundra or the new titans.

a little too round for my taste

I'm curious to see the specs on the diesel 1500 though!

3 hours ago, Deadpoollane said:

Agreed, the gmc looks way better to me.

The GMC looks like it drove through an ugly tree that had fallen over, and then reversed over it for good measure. I haven't seen something that ugly since the Aztec.

The GMC looks like it drove through an ugly tree that had fallen over, and then reversed over it for good measure. I haven't seen something that ugly since the Aztec.

Still better than the Silverado, glad we agree

Hardly, the Chevy is miles ahead of the GMC in the looks department for this generation of truck. The GMC is like that fat ugly girl at the end of the bar, that's so ugly, you'd get alcohol poisoning before drinking her pretty.