Post Pics of Your 2014+

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Vulcan762 said:

Super easy. Maybe 10 minutes total. Shift handle is one Torx screw and a small plug. Pull off the top and bottom plastic steering column shroud, unplug the wire from underneath and take the single screw out of the base of the shifter lever. 

Thanks for the reply, think I will go ahead and order one, and give it a shot.

Really like the way it looks in the wives Tahoe.

Another easy mod is to switch the center console lid (if you have the floor version) handle to the chrome version.

I did this one, think it looks pretty sharp.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, Vulcan762 said:

After 112k miles the leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle in my 14 Sierra 1500 Denali were showing the wear and tear of the miles. So after a visit to EBay, $150 and 30 minutes later I have replaced them both with factory new OEM replacements. Came out great and was an easy way to take the miles back off my interior. 

6548E7A5-6364-4B4B-8878-79E6F7C34102.jpeg

How about the steering wheel? What is the process for replacement?

19 minutes ago, Sean D said:

this is the video that I used to help me swap my steering wheel has everything u need to know. Oh yeah thanks  @TinkeringFox for your video @pgamboa shared the link with me awhile back appreciate y’all for all y’all helpful videos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean D said:

The video above is good. I didnt need to change the clock spring because I was just swapping a worn steering wheel for new one. I will say this I was stumped for a bit trying to release the air bag clips. You really need to understand how they are held in to get them to release. The video above shows them better than the video I used. Overall it was a quick and painless procedure. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Looks great!

How "much work is involved" in changing the shift handle?

Something I have been thinking about doing.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Vulcan762 said:

After 112k miles the leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle in my 14 Sierra 1500 Denali were showing the wear and tear of the miles. So after a visit to EBay, $150 and 30 minutes later I have replaced them both with factory new OEM replacements. Came out great and was an easy way to take the miles back off my interior. 

6548E7A5-6364-4B4B-8878-79E6F7C34102.jpeg

Looks beautiful!   And easy on the wallet..

5 hours ago, sk said:

Thanks for the screenshot but would you happen to have a link to the seller?

No link but neither seller have any more. Just widen your search terms on ebay and save the search so you get alerts when the item your seeking pops up for sale.