2014 Silverado/Sierra Tips and Tricks

OK here's a screen shot of a few of my favorites on my phone...

yga9y4eq.jpg

I'll give two examples here. In the following pictures of the displays on the truck you will notice that my dad's number and my grandmother's number is completely missing and it's this way for every number stored as a favorite in my phone...

y3y5u8ab.jpg9ete6e5y.jpghupy2udy.jpg3e3ereha.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by BringTheRain403

yes he is in my phone book on my phone. In Android all I have to do is "star" a contact to dd them to the favorites list. Anything I have "starred" doesn't show up in the list. This us how they show up in my phone...

memyrury.jpg

a4ypyreg.jpg

Edited by BringTheRain403

So you want to tell me every time you add a contact to your phone favorites it disappears from the contact list in the truck?

If you delete your Dad's from favorites will it show back in the contact list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Shahar

I tried unfavoriting the contact this morning and it dies not bring them back. I just find it odd that those are the only contacts affected...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You may want to try deleting those contacts completely and add them back, or at least start with just one of them and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I couple of things I didn't know...

1. When you start the truck.. you only need to bump the key once. No need to keep the key turned while the truck is cranking.... the truck will keep turning over on it's own until it starts. Apparently this is also the case with the older 2007-2013 trucks as well. That is how I found out.. watched a buddy with a 2008 start up the other day a few times.. he would just bump the key. I was also used to turning the key until it starts.. like with older cars,etc..

2. The auto door locks we all hate and have no control over.... I noticed today while backing up in my garage... I went to open the door while backing up and of course it was locked. So instead of hitting the unlock button like I normally do, for some reason I pull the door handle open for the SECOND time and the door would OPEN while I backing up. So you basically just need to pull the handle open twice and it overrides the auto lock thing.... at least at low speed. Not sure what happens at higher speeds.

• Like 2

I couple of things I didn't know...

1. When you start the truck.. you only need to bump the key once. No need to keep the key turned while the truck is cranking.... the truck will keep turning over on it's own until it starts. Apparently this is also the case with the older 2007-2013 trucks as well. That is how I found out.. watched a buddy with a 2008 start up the other day a few times.. he would just bump the key. I was also used to turning the key until it starts.. like with older cars,etc..

2. The auto door locks we all hate and have no control over.... I noticed today while backing up in my garage... I went to open the door while backing up and of course it was locked. So instead of hitting the unlock button like I normally do, for some reason I pull the door handle open for the SECOND time and the door would OPEN while I backing up. So you basically just need to pull the handle open twice and it overrides the auto lock thing.... at least at low speed. Not sure what happens at higher speeds.

I've noticed this on all my GM vehicles since 2006 at least. Just found out by accident one day.

Are these items in the manual? That is the best place to learn all the vehicle tricks

Obviously not many people read them. I'm on the other end- when cross shopping all three trucks prior to buying this one I downloaded and read through all three manuals to see if there were any minor features that made one stand out or things I outright didn't like.

Not a trick but today my truck let me know "Ice Possible - Drive Safely" on start up... wasn't aware of that feature.

**I'm in south Louisiana where it rarely gets to freezing**

Nothing new. Older trucks display that exact message.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not a trick but today my truck let me know "Ice Possible - Drive Safely" on start up... wasn't aware of that feature.

**I'm in south Louisiana where it rarely gets to freezing**

I see WAY TOO MUCH of that message!

• Like 11