My 2014 Silverado HC - Mods & Pics

Took delivery of my 2014 Silverado High Country yesterday. White Diamond/6.2L/Full Load.

Off the lot, to the shop!

Rough Country levelling kit
GM Color-matched mud flaps
GM Chrome Exhaust Tip
Weathertech Floorliners
Color-matched bumper steps, rear bowtie and handle

Upcoming mods:
HID low beam & fog
LED reverse, license plate, cargo lamp
LED light bar
Color-matched grill & headlight trim

unnamed-4-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-7.jpg

unnamed-5-1.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it raises the front 2" to level it with the rear. This allows for more ground clearance, ability to run a bigger tire and has a much better stance!

Why do they not level them from the factory? What's their reasoning, trailering?

Nice man, what type of paint did you use for the plastic pieces on the rear? Spray out of a gun?

Believe it or not....Plasti-Dip!

Matte White + Pearlizer + Glossifier = VERY close to White Diamond Tri-Coat.

I will be painting the trim pieces in automotive paint tri-coat in spring time, I just couldn't deal with the eye-sore of the bumper steps (ordered the truck without them but GM built the truck with them - apparently color-matched non-step bumpers are no longer available?)

Looks nice, I am on the fence about leveling mine. I don't think I am going to lift the front, I will prob drop the rear instead.

I'm in the same boat, want to level the stance off but not too thrilled with raising the front so will probably drop the rear instead, even if it's only an inch.

Looks nice, I am on the fence about leveling mine. I don't think I am going to lift the front, I will prob drop the rear instead.

I would've loved to drop the rear however this HC will be hauling a boat all summer long, misc. loads in the box, etc.

Block8head: What kind of wheels do you have?

EDIT: Saw your pic; I wanted to keep mine chrome but GM chrome is known for corrosion and leaking issues due to harsh winters in Canada so I used Aluminum Plasti-Dip to coat them. I had them on my Escalade and they had a season old set of Blizzaks mounted so I kept them for my HC!

Archived