2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

16 minutes ago, CajunFries said:

Hi guys! New to the forum here. Just picked up a 2018 Silverado Crew cab standard bed few weeks ago. Looking to do a 4/6 drop with DJM kit. I’ll be using it to haul my bikes to the track. I want to get a helper bags for it but can’t really find a solid answer on what brand and model I should go with. I see some people run the McGaughy’s helper bags but I don’t see one for 2014+ models. I also saw air lift got a kit out (model 59209) but I did some research on it and people are saying it doesn’t fit The truck. Even though the site said it does. So if anyone can give me a pointer on what brand and model I need I woulda really appreciated.

Also is there anyone out there running DJM 4/6 kit on their crew cab and standard bed? Does the axle hit the frame often even without any load in the back ?

Thank you for any input. emoji482.pngemoji482.pngemoji482.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont do djm. Secondly for the bags. I use to have the mcg bags. Bolt in no drilling    

40 minutes ago, CajunFries said:

What’s wrong with DJM kit? And what brand should I be looking into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balljoints go to shit quick and the ride

You need a spindle and a strut

Just this year not even including my truck I've switched 7 trucks from djm to mcg stuff

Truck picked up last night and lowering parts ordered today!  2018 Chev RCSB black out edition - 5.3 2WD w/ 3.42's 

Anyone else running the McG 7" flip kit? Part # 34147 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Truck picked up last night and lowering parts ordered today!  2018 Chev RCSB black out edition - 5.3 2WD w/ 3.42's 

Anyone else running the McG 7" flip kit? Part # 34147 

I have the mcg flip on my 16

Another question, the 2514 Belltech 2" spindles. Those will work with both cast spindles & steel arms as well as the trucks that came with the aluminum spindles & arms correct? 

Most of Belltech's site states anything 16.5-18 take those 2514 spindles.

4 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Another question, the 2514 Belltech 2" spindles. Those will work with both cast spindles & steel arms as well as the trucks that came with the aluminum spindles & arms correct? 

Aluminum and stamped use the same. Cast uses different

2 minutes ago, Dinner said:

You're talking about the arms. What about the spindle? 

Thats what im saying. Aluminum and stamped steel use the same lowering spindle. Cast uses a differant one

To clarify, aluminum and stamped steel control arms use the same balljoints, so they can use the same spindle. Cast steel control arms use a different balljoint, so they need a different spindle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Check DJM website. They explained it very well. I had the same questions when I was still looking for the correct parts and what not. 

Mine is a 2017 Silverado RCSB, I then checked my Spindle to make sure. DJM site mentioned about two types of spindle. A Cast Aluminum and a Cast Iron. The picture at DJM site helped me in making sure what is my stock spindle. It is a Cast Aluminium(as what djm site mentioned about 2016/2017 models). 

Belltech mentioned about #2514 that fits to a Cast Aluminum spindle. So I made the decision and yes it fits perfectly.(I think all Of these are because of the Ball joint fittings,maybe)

Just check if yours are Cast Aluminum(which I believe they are), you should be all good.

12 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

To clarify, aluminum and stamped steel control arms use the same balljoints, so they can use the same spindle. Cast steel control arms use a different balljoint, so they need a different spindle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Perfect, that's what I figured but couldn't find the exact info. Thanks! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 204-WPG said:

Check DJM website. They explained it very well. I had the same questions when I was still looking for the correct parts and what not. 

Mine is a 2017 Silverado RCSB, I then checked my Spindle to make sure. DJM site mentioned about two types of spindle. A Cast Aluminum and a Cast Iron. The picture at DJM site helped me in making sure what is my stock spindle. It is a Cast Aluminium(as what djm site mentioned about 2016/2017 models). 

Belltech mentioned about #2514 that fits to a Cast Aluminum spindle. So I made the decision and yes it fits perfectly.(I think all Of these are because of the Ball joint fittings,maybe)

Just check if yours are Cast Aluminum(which I believe they are), you should be all good.

I have steel arms and cast iron spindle. My brother's 16" Sierra 2WD RCSB is the same. 

Edited by Dinner

3 minutes ago, Dinner said:

I have steel arms and cast iron spindle. My brother's 16" Sierra 2WD RCSB is the same. 

Then it might not fit. Check with Belltech to be sure.

8 hours ago, 204-WPG said:

Then it might not fit. Check with Belltech to be sure.

I'm calling tomorrow to be sure. 

From my understanding from their site and a few others is every 16.5-18 is as follows

4WD - Alum spindles & steel arms 

2WD - Iron spindles & steel arms

Someone correct me if I've got that wrong... 

Edited by Dinner