2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

42 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Which holes did you use though? You might have it set at 5 because thats what those mesurments look like

Was first set at 5 then lower it to 6 after a month. I ended up cutting a notch on the bed to clear the hangers. 

3 hours ago, Dinner said:

Just measured from centre of the wheel to fender. I'm all over the place but may try a better piece of ground

DF - 18"         PF 18" 5/8

DR - 18"         PR 17" 1/2 

Fuel tank is full, going to find sometime later tonight to remeasure

Front is Belltech 2" spindles and struts with 10mm spacer 
Rear is DJM 7" flip kit and Belltech SP shocks 

Alright, I'm going to need some help here guys. My gut and measurements tell me that the rear DJM 7" flip kit lowered it too much but I want to know what I should do.

Put it on a flat surface (alignment rack) and here is what I have from fender to wheel centre.

DF - 18" 1/8        PF - 18" 5/8    - 1/2" difference which should be fixed by pulling the 10mm spacer on PF to account for the "Chevy Lean" 

DR - 17" 1/2        PR - 17" 3/4  

Now another concern is the rear wheels sit way back in the wheel well. 

DR is 1" 7/8 - Tire to bottom of wheel well 
PR is 2" - Tire to bottom of wheel well 

Is this normal? 
Any help would be appreciated. 

I went with the DJM kit cause I could adjust the pinion angle which was great cause I have ZERO vibrations but this cali lean is driving me nuts 

Did some measuring since I got up early thinking about this thing.  Right now the front measures 32.5" from ground to wheel well.  Originally my front measured 36" to fender.  The rear measures 32" on the driver side rear and 31.75" on the passenger side (which explains why the bottoming out sounded like it was from that side). 

Right now the truck bottoms out quite easily.  Heck if I just stand on the bumper and bounce I can easily bottom it out.  With the reverse hanger I had planned on coming up a couple of inches (a 5"drop) which I assume would greatly reduce bottoming out.  However that re-introduces the rake, based on the above measurements, that I really do not want.  Obviously I can just raise it 1" (a 6" drop) and the rake would effectively disappear but I am concerned that I would bottom out on a regular basis.

My goal with the lowering had always been to give it more if a street truck look and improve the ride quality.  At this point I am leaning towards changing out the front and find something else that will give me a 2 to 2.5" drop in the front with as few other issues as possible.  With that I would raise the back to a 4 to 4.5" drop which I would expect to eliminate bottoming out altogether. 

I am actively interested in input and suggestions.

40 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Alright, I'm going to need some help here guys. My gut and measurements tell me that the rear DJM 7" flip kit lowered it too much but I want to know what I should do.

Put it on a flat surface (alignment rack) and here is what I have from fender to wheel centre.

DF - 18" 1/8        PF - 18" 5/8    - 1/2" difference which should be fixed by pulling the 10mm spacer on PF to account for the "Chevy Lean" 

DR - 17" 1/2        PR - 17" 3/4  

Now another concern is the rear wheels sit way back in the wheel well. 

DR is 1" 7/8 - Tire to bottom of wheel well 
PR is 2" - Tire to bottom of wheel well 

Is this normal? 
Any help would be appreciated. 

I went with the DJM kit cause I could adjust the pinion angle which was great cause I have ZERO vibrations but this cali lean is driving me nuts 

That flip has been known to loosen up.  So keep an eye out

3 minutes ago, Nasty said:

That flip has been known to loosen up.  So keep an eye out

The flip kit? 

Truck has 2,500 km on it, 200 km on the install and I'm already considering ordering a different flip kit. I really don't want to put a lift hanger it but at this rate I'm consider going up to a 6" Belltech flip kit and hanger (Part #: 6525) 

Nasty, did you have to shorten your driveshaft?

Edited by Dinner

4 minutes ago, Dinner said:

The flip kit? 

Truck has 2,500 km on it, 200 km on the install and I'm already considering ordering a different flip kit. I really don't want to put a lift hanger it but at this rate I'm consider going up to a 6" Belltech flip kit and hanger (Part #: 6525) 

Please do. Every thing ive ever used djm is complete garbage.  I push everyone away that i can for going with djm/inez

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Please do. Every thing ive ever used djm is complete garbage.  I push everyone away that i can for going with djm/inez

Yeah I think I'm going to order the MCG 34147 flip kit. Rattled cause I cut off my ABS bracket off the axle but whatever! 

Do you have shims in yours? 

17 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Yeah I think I'm going to order the MCG 34147 flip kit. Rattled cause I cut off my ABS bracket off the axle but whatever! 

Do you have shims in yours? 

I have that same kit. I do have shims but i have a regular cab. I think youhave a 4 door so you should be fine

For what it's worth, I have my rear set at 6" with no bump stops and I've got a couple thousand miles on it and have never bottomed out. I'm gonna get underneath the truck soon and check to make sure everything is still tight. No rattles or anything like that, just checking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 7:30 PM, Dinner said:

The flip kit? 

After 1000 miles on my djm stuff the real flip kit bolts loosened. Was getting a crazy clunk and the sandwich plate bolts were loose. I am definitely thinking of going with the bell tech or mcgauphy flip kit. 

1 hour ago, maxpower98 said:

After 1000 miles on my djm stuff the real flip kit bolts loosened. Was getting a crazy clunk and the sandwich plate bolts were loose. I am definitely thinking of going with the bell tech or mcgauphy flip kit. 

Do it

Thinking of going with drop spindles trying to get back up to the 2" drop I would prefer.  Is there a quality difference on the spindles?  Leaning towards Belltech at this point because tehy seem to have a good reputation and they are about $50 cheaper than McGaugheys.

For those of you with 2" drop spindles are you actually seeing a 2" drop or is more like 1.5" or 2.5"?

27 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

Thinking of going with drop spindles trying to get back up to the 2" drop I would prefer.  Is there a quality difference on the spindles?  Leaning towards Belltech at this point because tehy seem to have a good reputation and they are about $50 cheaper than McGaugheys.

For those of you with 2" drop spindles are you actually seeing a 2" drop or is more like 1.5" or 2.5"?

I didnt take .measurements but i thibk i got 2" out of my mcg. I prefer mcg over bbeltech anything though