2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

12 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

Picked up the truck today.  It is still missing the reverse hanger which will allow the rear drop to be raised but the shop needed me to pick it up because they close on Friday for a week due to vacation.  The part is due to arrive on Friday and if it does in fact arrive early enough on Friday they will install it before closing for vacation.  Hoping for a little good luck.  I also have ordered 1.5" spacers that hopefully will help with the rubbing I am getting or anything more than a moderate turn.

So far I have 3.5" drop on the front and it does appear that the front end is settling lower since the pictures I posted from the shop last week.  The rear is still a 7" drop.  These pictures make the truck look more level than the previous but the rear is still lower than the front.  Not sure if I am happy with so much drop.  My goal was a small drop of 2" in the front which would have mitigated rubbing and not make the drop so pronounced.  I'll see how everything looks after the rear gets done. 

Next is getting new tires.  I held off until this step was complete.  Anyone have recommendations for 22" wheels?

PS - in trying to help Nasty out - Nasty does not endorse this kit or any similar that replaces controls arms.  Hopefully this helps saves some wear and tear on his keyboard.

Cats Rally Lower2.jpg

Cats Rally Lower1.jpg

Haha i hope it works for you but this sunday im scheduled to have yet another local person with inez arms to come over so i can swap them out. I should thank inez for giving me all this side work :)

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, Rally_18 said:

so i have flipped through many pages Does and one have a 4x4 thats leveled by just lowering the back. id like to see pictures

I literally did this the minute I got my truck home. Took the blocks out from under the springs.  It was still slightly higher in the rear, but the regular cabs sit higher than the rest.  

02droptruck.thumb.jpg.3511cd1112ec2a5e428129dbf1c12320.jpg

Now I'm 4/6 on 22s 

46drop.thumb.jpg.efdbcd84cdf303d14c53b9d910313cc9.jpg

Edited by qwank
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, qwank said:

I literally did this the minute I got my truck home. Took the blocks out from under the springs.  It was still slightly higher in the rear, but the regular cabs sit higher than the rest.  

02droptruck.thumb.jpg.3511cd1112ec2a5e428129dbf1c12320.jpg

Now I'm 4/6 on 22s 

46drop.thumb.jpg.efdbcd84cdf303d14c53b9d910313cc9.jpg

I dont know if i want to put the lift hanger up to lift to 6 or notch the truck and lower to 7.5-8

Just now, Nasty said:

I dont know if i want to put the lift hanger up to lift to 6 or notch the truck and lower to 7.5-8

go lower first. you can always go back up easy 

2 minutes ago, qwank said:

go lower first. you can always go back up easy 

But then my frame is cut.   Thats my only thing. Do i want to cut this still newish truck yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

But then my frame is cut.   Thats my only thing. Do i want to cut this still newish truck yet

you already cut bumpstops and shit off,  what's a little notch?  lol  Frame will probably be stronger when you're done.  

17 minutes ago, qwank said:

you already cut bumpstops and shit off,  what's a little notch?  lol  Frame will probably be stronger when you're done.  

Its an underbed notch.   But i had thethem tske their notch and make the notch area smaller. so its beefy as hell but onceyou notch , then you get into tubs and doghouse.  So it would be neverending

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jcfountain33 said:

Belltech 6401 includes 2" shackles and spacers which allow you to use your existing U-bolts. On my 2017 Silverado Crew LT, fender to ground measurements are within 1/4" all the way around.

I don't have pics on this phone, will try to find them to post.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, there are spacers included in the kit. though that time I was not thinking of re-using the ubolts. One other thing, I also don’t like the longer bolts now be sticking too much out under. 10CAD per piece anyway. Hehe

On 2018-06-17 at 7:33 PM, 204-WPG said:

Maybe these measurements will be more useful to you...from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender....front is 19” and the rear is 20”.

Driver side Front strut is set at 24mm spacers, passenger side at 16mm. With 2 “ drop spindle.

Rear is set at 6” with Street Performance Shocks (2210FF). Too stiff for my liking. 

D8602A02-7412-4740-B590-F2912FD1102D.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 204-WPG said:

Driver side Front strut is set at 24mm spacers, passenger side at 16mm. With 2 “ drop spindle.

Rear is set at 6” with Street Performance Shocks (2210FF). Too stiff for my liking. 

D8602A02-7412-4740-B590-F2912FD1102D.png

Strange. My rear isset at 7" and im at 17.5 from hub to fender

Just measured from centre of the wheel to fender. I'm all over the place but may try a better piece of ground

DF - 18"         PF 18" 5/8

DR - 18"         PR 17" 1/2 

Fuel tank is full, going to find sometime later tonight to remeasure

Front is Belltech 2" spindles and struts with 10mm spacer 
Rear is DJM 7" flip kit and Belltech SP shocks 

Edited by Dinner

21 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Strange. My rear isset at 7" and im at 17.5 from hub to fender

Hmm, I removed the stock hanger, replaced it with the hanger that comes with the flip kit Belltech 6525. 

3 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Just measured from centre of the wheel to fender. I'm all over the place but may try a better piece of ground

DF - 18"         PF 18" 5/8

DR - 18"         PR 17" 1/2 

Fuel tank is full, going to find sometime later tonight to remeasure

Front is Belltech 2" spindles and struts with 10mm spacer 
Rear is DJM 7" flip kit and Belltech SP shocks 

How’s the ride at the rear? Do you like it? Mine is bearable but I hope I can get a bit more softer. I watched Reklez suspension posts, they prefer to use the Nitro Drop 2 on Regular Cabs. 

Mine is solely for daily driving, no towing, so maybe nitro shocks might suit for my taste,

10 minutes ago, 204-WPG said:

How’s the ride at the rear? Do you like it? Mine is bearable but I hope I can get a bit more softer. I watched Reklez suspension posts, they prefer to use the Nitro Drop 2 on Regular Cabs. 

Mine is solely for daily driving, no towing, so maybe nitro shocks might suit for my taste,

Rides really well so far. I have maybe 200 kms on the new set up, I'm just sitting lower in the rear than the front

23 minutes ago, 204-WPG said:

Hmm, I removed the stock hanger, replaced it with the hanger that comes with the flip kit Belltech 6525. 

Which holes did you use though? You might have it set at 5 because thats what those mesurments look like