2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Dumb question what does flipping the block do why didnt you just remove it?
Flipping it give a you that other inch. I didn't do the work I had a shop do it and they told me I would need longer u bolts if I removed it but not if I flipped it, so I flipped it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

Flipping it give a you that other inch. I didn't do the work I had a shop do it and they told me I would need longer u bolts if I removed it but not if I flipped it, so I flipped it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ok im new to the drop thing so im learning just been debating on 2" front level or 2" rear drop level

45 minutes ago, Rally_18 said:

so i have flipped through many pages Does and one have a 4x4 thats leveled by just lowering the back. id like to see pictures

2015 SIERRA crew cab 4WD with Belltech drop shackle, I think it was part#6401. The rear is about an inch higher than the front. If you want it to be perfectly levelled, you may want to remove the rear leaf block too. It should give you another inch. Stock shocks.

Though i I don’t have a picture on file, I used to lower my ‘17 Silverado reg cab 4wd with the same drop shackle and also removed the leaf block. I also used the canyon/Colorado ubolts (since they are shorter than the stock ). That set up was a perfectly leveled one. Stock shocks.

Currently though, the reg cab is on a flip kit, drop spindle, drop strut set up. The only down side, I am currently using the 2212FF rear shocks which is too stiff for the regular cab. The nitro drop 2 is the one I think would be the better match in this lighter cab.

just sharing my experiences for you reference.

5D08C1EB-6BF6-4C96-B855-56D8B06F0668.jpeg

2015 SIERRA crew cab 4WD with Belltech drop shackle, I think it was part#6401. The rear is about an inch higher than the front. If you want it to be perfectly levelled, you may want to remove the rear leaf block too. It should give you another inch. Stock shocks.

Though i I don’t have a picture on file, I used to lower my ‘17 Silverado reg cab 4wd with the same drop shackle and also removed the leaf block. I also used the canyon/Colorado ubolts (since they are shorter than the stock ). That set up was a perfectly leveled one. Stock shocks.

Currently though, the reg cab is on a flip kit, drop spindle, drop strut set up. The only down side, I am currently using the 2212FF rear shocks which is too stiff for the regular cab. The nitro drop 2 is the one I think would be the better match in this lighter cab.

5D08C1EB-6BF6-4C96-B855-56D8B06F0668.thumb.jpeg.e5ef0189ed8db0ae888baedf3132062e.jpeg

Thanks the crew cab looks good I’m not really going for the super low stance I want to run a wider more aggressive tire and want to be level but was debating on which way i wanted to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Dinner said:

Everyone who put the 25004 2" lowering struts in. Did you leave the 10mm spacer in or out? Instructions say to leave it in but I'm just curious

How many spacers were in tobegin with? Ihave the mcg struts but the belltech are almost the same

7 minutes ago, Nasty said:

How many spacers were in tobegin with? Ihave the mcg struts but the belltech are almost the same

In the truck or strut? The OE strut had a spacer in it 

5D08C1EB-6BF6-4C96-B855-56D8B06F0668.thumb.jpeg.e5ef0189ed8db0ae888baedf3132062e.jpeg
Belltech 6401 includes 2" shackles and spacers which allow you to use your existing U-bolts. On my 2017 Silverado Crew LT, fender to ground measurements are within 1/4" all the way around.

I don't have pics on this phone, will try to find them to post.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Nasty said:

The new strut

The Belltech strut comes with eight 8mm spacers and one 10mm spacer. Instructions stated that you must leave the 10mm spacer in for 2" of lowering with a truck without auto ride. 

I installed my lowering stuff today and the truck sits about 0.5" - 0.75" higher in the front?!

I had my before measurements written down but can't seem to find it but I believe the rear went down 7.5-8" and 4" in the front. I'm not sure where I went wrong other than losing my measurements.

We did the alignment and it drives great. Zero vibrations, ride quality got slightly better IMO. Tire rub at full lock only 

I'm on the fence if the rear came down too much or I should pull that 10mm out and see what happens. That's 0.4" - That should get me level no? 

6 minutes ago, Dinner said:

The Belltech strut comes with eight 8mm spacers and one 10mm spacer. Instructions stated that you must leave the 10mm spacer in for 2" of lowering with a truck without auto ride. 

I installed my lowering stuff today and the truck sits about 0.5" - 0.75" higher in the front?!

I had my before measurements written down but can't seem to find it but I believe the rear went down 7.5-8" and 4" in the front. I'm not sure where I went wrong other than losing my measurements.

We did the alignment and it drives great. Zero vibrations, ride quality got slightly better IMO. Tire rub at full lock only 

I'm on the fence if the rear came down too much or I should pull that 10mm out and see what happens. That's 0.4" - That should get me level no? 

It should but did you also adjust for chevy lean?

1 minute ago, Dinner said:

The lean in the DF? No
What should I be doing? 

The lean inbthe front end.  Theres usually half inch lean on the drivers side. you can account for that by adding 1 spacer in the drivers strut

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

The lean inbthe front end.  Theres usually half inch lean on the drivers side. you can account for that by adding 1 spacer in the drivers strut

Yeah driver front is lower than the passenger front by 0.25" on mine but I'm still 0.5" higher in the front from the rear so adding a spacer won't help. It's a noticeable cali lean  

Picked up the truck today.  It is still missing the reverse hanger which will allow the rear drop to be raised but the shop needed me to pick it up because they close on Friday for a week due to vacation.  The part is due to arrive on Friday and if it does in fact arrive early enough on Friday they will install it before closing for vacation.  Hoping for a little good luck.  I also have ordered 1.5" spacers that hopefully will help with the rubbing I am getting or anything more than a moderate turn.

So far I have 3.5" drop on the front and it does appear that the front end is settling lower since the pictures I posted from the shop last week.  The rear is still a 7" drop.  These pictures make the truck look more level than the previous but the rear is still lower than the front.  Not sure if I am happy with so much drop.  My goal was a small drop of 2" in the front which would have mitigated rubbing and not make the drop so pronounced.  I'll see how everything looks after the rear gets done. 

Next is getting new tires.  I held off until this step was complete.  Anyone have recommendations for 22" wheels?

PS - in trying to help Nasty out - Nasty does not endorse this kit or any similar that replaces controls arms.  Hopefully this helps saves some wear and tear on his keyboard.

Cats Rally Lower2.jpg

Cats Rally Lower1.jpg

• Like 1