2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

It aligned after the crash with no problems
I've got 4/6 on a 2016 4x4 rcsb, the alignment is close, but they couldn't get the caster within spec. Truck still drives grest, and I honestly can't tell that anything is off.

Also maxtrac told me my spring was a 1" spring. Definitely a 2" because along with spindles I'm at exactly 4" in the front.21c5f7d98d40ff3d3594d891832f5913.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I've got 4/6 on a 2016 4x4 rcsb, the alignment is close, but they couldn't get the caster within spec. Truck still drives grest, and I honestly can't tell that anything is off.

Also maxtrac told me my spring was a 1" spring. Definitely a 2" because along with spindles I'm at exactly 4" in the front.21c5f7d98d40ff3d3594d891832f5913.jpg

You sure you didn't get the 4/6 drop kit? Nice, so your camber is good and you didn't have use a add on camber kit? 

Also, what is caster and how does it affect your truck?

There was no kit lower than 2/4 for 4x4 trucks when I lowered mine, so I used mcgaughys spindles and what I was told was a 1" spring. I ended up at 4" up front and liked it.

Camber is how far forward or backwards the "hinge" that your wheels turn left or right leans....I hope that makes sense. And I'm not real sure what effect it has on handling.

46 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

There was no kit lower than 2/4 for 4x4 trucks when I lowered mine, so I used mcgaughys spindles and what I was told was a 1" spring. I ended up at 4" up front and liked it.

Camber is how far forward or backwards the "hinge" that your wheels turn left or right leans....I hope that makes sense. And I'm not real sure what effect it has on handling.

Oh thanks for the clarification but I was referring to caster. How does that affect my drive ability? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, HCSilvey said:

eb9b9242d1a78c3b75ca1c107a96e031.jpg

17’ 6.2L 4x4. 3.5/6 Max Trac 2” spindles and adjustable struts. Moog 2wd upper and lower A-arms. Flip kit and lift hangers out back. Helper bags for towing. 22” factory RST wheels with stock size tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey isn't this your truck?

https://www.streettrucksmag.com/lowering-a-17-chevy-silverado-1500/#

Did you have any camber issues with this kit? Hiw much exactly did this lower your front and rear?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 666 said:

Damn, 900 for installation? Why was it so much?

labor on the rear reverse hanger install ,flip kit, shock install grind the bumpstop and air bag install for rear ,control arm replacement upfront ,tie rod trim and bushing install and alignment, then recalibrate all stabilitrac sensors and compass  . Other than that im not sure . i shopped it too lowest and best service i could find all prices were ball park the same but this kit is one of the best quality and best when it comes to alignment  , for those who know DJM this is like a 4x4 copycat version and the helper bags are a must to keep the towing functionality 

040586CF-80C4-4FD9-8041-468BAE81C620.png

83960DD5-8DAA-4320-BCA0-EDDF052416CE.png

Edited by 15GMCALLTERRIAN