2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

On 1/17/2021 at 4:04 PM, meirikm said:

Mine is dropped like 4” in the rear here and 3” in the front. It rubbed like a mofo so I brought the front up an inch. I used bell tech struts, max traxx springs, shock replicators in the rear and removed the blocks. I also have 2” spacers on it with 24’s. it seems to barely rub on full lock now.  

D93E5728-DB2B-480B-82EC-836AA6609536.jpeg

Do the 6 inch flip kit. It will make it a lot more even

1 minute ago, 666 said:

Do the 6 inch flip kit. It will make it a lot more even

Also, dropping the front with only strut and springs makes it really difficult to put back in alignment. I recommend getting 2 inch drop spindles and removing the drops springs from the strut. This will make your camber less aggressive.

37 minutes ago, meirikm said:

I need to keep a bit of a rake. I use my truck for work and always carry a little weight. Can u do flip kits on 2017’s? A spring guy told me he can’t 

Yes you can. That's the only way to go lower than 3 inch in the back. Also. If you did q flip kit you should be fine at 5 inch drop when it comes to towing but and lower will need helper bags.

Quick question... I removed the rear blocks and with my 2" drop shackles I'm even all around (36" ground to mid fender well) but it looks slightly lower in the back. Can I mount the front struts under the control arms to get like .5" lower in the front? Will that effect the ride, alignment, or camber to negatively?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, durtyr30 said:

Quick question... I removed the rear blocks and with my 2" drop shackles I'm even all around (36" ground to mid fender well) but it looks slightly lower in the back. Can I mount the front struts under the control arms to get like .5" lower in the front? Will that effect the ride, alignment, or camber to negatively?

Putting the strut under a arm will cause a 2inch front drop and will make your alignment suffer. Why don't you just adjust your hangers from 2 inch drop to 1 inch drop?

10 minutes ago, 666 said:

Putting the strut under a arm will cause a 2inch front drop and will make your alignment suffer. Why don't you just adjust your hangers from 2 inch drop to 1 inch drop?

Not to mention the hazard of doing this, it just takes one good bump/dip/crack in the road to rip the threads out of the bolt. 

Thanks! Yeah, I think I'll just get 2" drop spindles in the front and raise the spring perch up some. I have Bilstein 5100's all around so I can raise the front some. I know, I should've got different shocks n struts if I was going lower, but I wasn't thinking.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, Maiden69 said:

They are certainly better as far as that they actually asked you for measurements. I think Ridetech uses Fox's coilovers, as their main thing is Air Suspension. Their HQ's are around $250 each, no spring, but are single adjustable. Their 3 way run at $850 I think each. I have a very nice ride now, better than most cars on the road for sure. But after all the investment in suspension that I have done, plus the 4 link in the rear, that will not cut it. The fact that I am traveling down almost 3-4" hitting on the top of the inner fender metal on a coilover that is supposed to have 5.25" of full travel is not good. I bet once the 850lb/in go in I will see the 2-3" on compression I am suppose to have. That will stop me from bottoming out, at least on the highway. 

Ridetechs are very popular on the muscle car scene, mini trucks from the 80's-2000, and HotRods. They have a few systems for fullsize trucks, but nothing for ours at this time. But since I already have the mounts for the Vikings, I can use those to mount their universal fit shocks, or I can reverse engineer them if I need to make them a little wider. 

Old post, I know but I ran across it from a google search about Viking coilovers for our trucks. 

How did it work once you got the stiffer coils in?

• 2 weeks later...

2015 CCSB SLT Z71 6.2L

MaxTrac Adjustable Drop Kit - K34170 from suspensionsuperstore.com

2" Spindles, Adjustable strut, Flip kit, Hanger, Rear shocks

Sits perfectly for me at the 2" drop strut setting with the 2" drop spindles and rear set at 5" holes on the hangers.

Did it all myself -- it can definitely be done without help but need a few beers. 

Rides a little rough for my taste, not much worse than stock. Will be upgrading to Viking coilovers in the front and helper bags in the rear - possibly a 4-link and coilovers for the rear in the future. Also would like to put TMW control arms on it. Can't decide if I want to do more power adders or dial in the suspension first.... 

IMG_2982.JPG

• Like 3

Not to get too off topic and I'm new here so I'm sorry if I need to not post this here but I like the way this thread has been handled with other questions...  Does anyone have experience with wheel spacers on a lowered Silverado?  I want to get the proper kind, the Bora's here: https://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/updateprice_truck

I love my rims but I would like them to be more flush with the wheelwell for a much better look, but not sure if anyone can think of it posing an issue since they are the good kind of spacers?? I was thinking of getting like 1" or 1.25" spacers, I know that I would probably need to cut the wheel bolts though, but might be worth it. The front is a a little higher now than the picture since I adjusted the coilovers by about an inch to prevent rubbing.  The rear is adjustable as well since I put in airbags.

Thanks for the advice.

DSC_0081.JPG

• 4 months later...

Thinking about changing out the struts/springs on my truck.  I have stock for both but they feel too soft.  I want something stiffer.  I lowered the front using a drop spindle and don't want to lower it any further so I am looking for struts/springs that match OEM height.  I thought about Belltech coilovers but those indicate a 1" to 3" drop which I don't want.  Any recommendations?

On 10/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, UofAZCats said:

Thinking about changing out the struts/springs on my truck.  I have stock for both but they feel too soft.  I want something stiffer.  I lowered the front using a drop spindle and don't want to lower it any further so I am looking for struts/springs that match OEM height.  I thought about Belltech coilovers but those indicate a 1" to 3" drop which I don't want.  Any recommendations?

I think the lowering struts have a stock setting. The MaxTrac struts did anyway… and they seem to be a copy of Belltech. Don’t quote me though, do your own research.

I went with MaxTrac struts and there was a stock height setting. And they seem stiff to me. I can probably find the install manual if you want. 

98A9012C-B234-4E48-8FFF-D5AEA3A838C3.jpeg

Edited by davis86t
Add photo

• 1 month later...