2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a 2016 Silverado.  Right after I got got it I removed the riser blocks out of the back. I have some Belltech shocks for the front. I havent put them in yet. I was wondering if I lower the front 1 inch can the alignment still be corrected  ?

Resized_20180316_091616.jpg

Edited by Baddog590

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I did more than wash and drive her around.  Not that I drive her much now that I daily drive my 05 Suburban.  Last weekend I took her to the Battle in Bama in Mobile.  Just short of a 1000 miles on the trip and she drove great. 

On the tighter lanes and curves in Mobile I got tired of the rubbing of my front tires.  My truck has rubbed on tighter turns no matter the adjustments I had made, short of getting smaller tires.  I didn't want to get smaller tires because she rides smooth now and I didn't want to impact that.  I am running 284/45/22.  Since I did just get new tires I figured it was time to do something about it.

One of things I'll note is that before changing my tires, I was on the stock Bridgestone 35K tires and they were worn out.  Before replacing them my ride was suffering.  When I got up to that 70-77 mph range I would get a variable shake that I thought was an issue with my driveshaft - etiher unbalanced or the angle was bad due to the lowering.  I added some shims and the ride improved for a whiel but then the shake returned.  After replacign the tires with Continental's the shake has diappeared.  Obviously part of the issue was that the old tires were very worn and apparently didn't wear evenly.  I think the rubbing contributed to the wear issues since the rubbing had worn through the wheel well liner and the tires were rubbing on the metal seam.

So today I was able to take the day off from work and perform surgery.  Inspired by the Nor Cal mod that the big wheel, tall boys have to do to avoid rubbing, I performed a Cen Fla mod (just made that name up).  Basically I pulled the inner liner out and then using a grinder I trimmed the metal seam down where it was rubbing.  Not as involved as the a Nor Cal since I didn't actually cut any of the metal parts out.  Took about 3 hours total.  Now the rubbing is gone and I am immensely happy.

• 2 months later...

So you guys with the 4/6 or 4/7 drops, any bump steer issues? i am in the process of bagging my 14 slt qclb and got to looking at the tie rods last night and holy cow are they angled. i'm using stock cast arms a MCG drop spindle and the drop struts set to stock height with custom bag mounts. i don't plan on driving on the bump stops and plan to end up about a 4" drop cruise height.

• 1 month later...

I just finished installing an adjustable 3/4, 4/6, 5/7 kit on my 2018 regular cab Sierra. I first installed it to be 4/6 but was not happy with the look. Looked to high in the back. I then installed the factory hanger back and it gave me an additional 1-1/4” drop. Now it looks like the front sits a bit higher in the front. Front is Maxtrac 2” spindles with Belltech struts set at 2” drop for a total of 4”. So apparently I am now at a a 4/7.25.

I am trying to figure out how to get the front just a little lower without running into rubbing issues. 

2D0DFD74-697F-41BE-BBDD-9C3BD12697D8.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First time posting on this forum. Been on a few platforms. This Ol'Gurl is my forever truck. Not my first foray into the slammed full-size or mini but definitely threw all the goodies at her to be a daily useable truck.

Info 2014 Crew Cab Z71 4WD 

IHC 4/6 drop kit Front and Rear, dialed at  according to my comparison from ground-to-fender measure on a 19' Z71 she sits right at 4/6 and within spec on alignment.

• 4" drop arms (Front)
  • Belltech 2-Way Adjustable Coilovers (Front)
  • Axle Flip kit (Rear)
  • IHC Shackle Flip Kit (allows for cleaner travel of suspension, simply shoving lowering shackle onto system was rubbing frame)
  • IHC 1" drop shackles
  • IHC Firestone helper bag kit (Rear)
  • QA1 2-way adjustable emulsion shocks (Rear)
    • Design and Machined custom bushings to accept the shocks

Wheels and Tires 22x10 square ET +0

• Cosmis racing XT-206R (finish chips easily but they also clean up easily)
  • Lionhart 285/40/22 (Surprisingly nice ply and quieter than anticipated)

First day I finished her she had that stupid SC Squat because of the cheapo "nitro drop shocks" and spacers IHC recommended under struts up front. Once I installed QA1's, shackle flip, helper bags, and removed and readjusted coil overs I got her squatted on all 4 corners. I rub in front occasionally on full lock to drivers and over excessive dips in road mostly in front. I have bumped coilovers up 2 clicks from factory on drivers and 1 on passenger. Bottomed out axle and pumpkin constantly prior to installing QA1's and helper bags. Have compression up 2 clicks from middle and run helper bags with 8-10lbs in them when bed is not loaded up.

I have goodies on the inside too, Memphis amps, focal 3-Ways and 2-ways in the doors, sundown 10 under the passenger in semi-custom box. Oldy but faithful Pioneer double din. MBRP side exit exhaust I absolutely HATE and a clapped out 5.3 that will get some attention next year.

0729221705a.jpg

0730220939.jpg

0819222111a.jpg

0819222111.jpg

0730221517_HDR.jpg

0804220653_HDR.jpg

0821221634_HDR.jpg

0821221633b_HDR.jpg

1015221838a.jpg

1023221647_HDR.jpg

0903221609a_HDR.jpg

Edited by Lowerdz964
  • Like 2

FYI I found the build thread category by happen chance on here. Went ahead and created one on the whip since there will be more to come as time progresses plus I photo bombed the hell out of that thread. I need to get my post count up so I can post my sweet sweet ICON parts in the classifieds section. BTW who the hell puts a 50 post minimum to respond in classifieds. 20 should be sufficient.

Edited by Lowerdz964
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 6:30 PM, Chuchito said:

I just finished installing an adjustable 3/4, 4/6, 5/7 kit on my 2018 regular cab Sierra. I first installed it to be 4/6 but was not happy with the look. Looked to high in the back. I then installed the factory hanger back and it gave me an additional 1-1/4” drop. Now it looks like the front sits a bit higher in the front. Front is Maxtrac 2” spindles with Belltech struts set at 2” drop for a total of 4”. So apparently I am now at a a 4/7.25.

I am trying to figure out how to get the front just a little lower without running into rubbing issues. 

2D0DFD74-697F-41BE-BBDD-9C3BD12697D8.jpeg

At 7.25 how close is your axle to your frame rails? 

• 2 months later...