2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

6 hours ago, mike14 said:

So i’m about to get some BellTech lowering shackles for my 2014 sierra. My first time ever doing this. Any tips i should hear of? I’ve heard we need to return the shackles bolt torque back to spec, does anybody know what it is?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site.

Here is a video for a NBS 19, should be same, looks like the instruction might have the specs.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:10 PM, Blitzfergie said:

Good evening everyone. I just bought a 2017 Sierra and looking for drop advice.

2wd/4wd stamped arms

id like a 2F/5R drop for a clean level drop.

From what i've read a 3" difference would achieve this?

my research shows the 1017SP kit would be what i need but thats a 2/4 kit. (2212FF x 2, 6700, 6525, 25004 x 2, 2514)

I was wondering to get the 2/5 im looking for would it be suggested to get (8510 x 2, 6401,6525, 25004 x 2, 2514)

basically swap out the 2212FF 2-4" drop shocks and change them for 8510 5-7" drop

and change the shackles 6700 to 6401 to get the 5" instead of only 4"?

also would it be suggested to get shock extenders?

thanks

IMG_6301 (002).PNG

Anything after 4 inch drop requires shock extenders I read. Also going from 4 to5 inch drop may require axle flip. It did on my 18 elevation.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help.  I have an issue with the rear wheel/axle that I need help to diagnose and fix.  I have 2" drop spindles in the front and a flip kit for a 4" drop in the rear.  I noticed that the rear wheels have been sliding backwards since I had my truck lowered.  In addition to noticing how the rear wheels sit in the wheel well I also got underneath and the axle has shifted backwards versus the leaf springs.  Not exactly sure what is causing this but suspect I might need to shorten the driveshaft.  Pictures below show the rear wheels on each side and one of the rear axle sitting on the leaf spring being off center (though that can be hard to tell from the photo).  Is this something to be worried about?  What do I need to do to fix it?

IMG_20200712_203529.jpg

IMG_20200712_160653.jpg

IMG_20200712_160734.jpg

3 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Need some help.  I have an issue with the rear wheel/axle that I need help to diagnose and fix.  I have 2" drop spindles in the front and a flip kit for a 4" drop in the rear.  I noticed that the rear wheels have been sliding backwards since I had my truck lowered.  In addition to noticing how the rear wheels sit in the wheel well I also got underneath and the axle has shifted backwards versus the leaf springs.  Not exactly sure what is causing this but suspect I might need to shorten the driveshaft.  Pictures below show the rear wheels on each side and one of the rear axle sitting on the leaf spring being off center (though that can be hard to tell from the photo).  Is this something to be worried about?  What do I need to do to fix it?

IMG_20200712_203529.jpg

IMG_20200712_160653.jpg

IMG_20200712_160734.jpg

You are missing a plate that holds the u bolts in place. And the u bolts are going the wrong way.  U bolts should open towards the ground.

See picture below of plate and u bolt orientation. Who installed the kit? A shop? If so I would get you money back or have them fix it because you kit is installed incorrectly according to your picture.

unnamed.jpg

Edited by SlowGMC

17 hours ago, SlowGMC said:

You are missing a plate that holds the u bolts in place. And the u bolts are going the wrong way.  U bolts should open towards the ground.

See picture below of plate and u bolt orientation. Who installed the kit? A shop? If so I would get you money back or have them fix it because you kit is installed incorrectly according to your picture.

unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the help.  I did have a shop do it and I will take it back to them to get it fixed.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, SlowGMC said:

In looking more into the issue, the top plates are not to be found.  Since they installed the bottom plate on top they didn't install the top plates anywhere and did not return them to me with the other parts.  I have tried searching online to see if I can just find the 2 top plates but haven't had much luck.  I plan to try to call the different kit makers to see if any of them can help but figured it made sense to see if perhaps anyone in this group might have extras or a better suggestion for tracking the plates down.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by UofAZCats

1 hour ago, UofAZCats said:

In looking more into the issue, the top plates are not to be found.  Since they installed the bottom plate on top they didn't install the top plates anywhere and did not return them to me with the other parts.  I have tried searching online to see if I can just find the 2 top plates but haven't had much luck.  I plan to try to call the different kit makers to see if any of them can help but figured it made sense to see if perhaps anyone in this group might have extras or a better suggestion for tracking the plates down.  Thanks in advance.

Call the manufacturer directly. I was one time looking for a part included in the kit(i use belltech flip kit) and could not find it even in their website. I think that was the same part you are looking, U bolt Spring Pad Mount, part number 6521-004). Out of frustration, I ended up calling Belltech directly. And i got the part i needed. It was explained to me that the specific part, like the plate you’re looking, will not show up in their website but you can actually buy it directly from them. 

2 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

Yea like previous guy said go to the manufacturer of kit and call them. Each kit is different and I'm not sure how interchangeable parts are from different shops on flip kits. 

l recently purchased a 2014 single cab silverado truck with 2” inch spindles and springs with a flip kit that made it into a 4/6 drop. I wanted to fix my camber problem, so l was recommended these kit from beltech. The beltech part number is #4957. I had a shop put the part on and, I brought it to an alignment place and they said that they couldn’t put my wheels straight and my eccentrics where already maxed out. Any thoughts of how l could fix this problem? Picture shows how my truck is right now.

5341D4B8-4619-4D69-B743-1FECB4744A28.jpeg

Are you sure the shop installed these correctly? 

With just a 4/6, you should be dang near 0 as is or at least under -1

I would make sure they were installed correctly, usually the bushing kit should be rotated inward to the frame so it pushes the a arm out. The camber plate kit needs to have the factory slot lengthened to take full advantage. 

1 hour ago, Brian Hinojosa said:

l recently purchased a 2014 single cab silverado truck with 2” inch spindles and springs with a flip kit that made it into a 4/6 drop. I wanted to fix my camber problem, so l was recommended these kit from beltech. The beltech part number is #4957. I had a shop put the part on and, I brought it to an alignment place and they said that they couldn’t put my wheels straight and my eccentrics where already maxed out. Any thoughts of how l could fix this problem? Picture shows how my truck is right now.

5341D4B8-4619-4D69-B743-1FECB4744A28.jpeg

Same reaction just like @sharkeysierra. My set up used is the Belltech lowering products set at 4/6 and had my alignment spot on. It did not require me to change or use an Alignment Kit (e.g. Front Camber Bushing). Nevertheless, wether you use same brand as I did or other else, a 4/6 is a 4/6 drop. I am now wondering, you even had an Alignment Kit added yet wasn’t able to meet specifications, I suggest it is worth checking again how the kit was installed coz there must be something wrong in that sense, what do you think?

39 minutes ago, sharkeysierra said:

Are you sure the shop installed these correctly? 

With just a 4/6, you should be dang near 0 as is or at least under -1

I would make sure they were installed correctly, usually the bushing kit should be rotated inward to the frame so it pushes the a arm out. The camber plate kit needs to have the factory slot lengthened to take full advantage. 

I’ll go back to shop, l was thinking about probably they didn’t put a right bushing in or something. This is a picture after the shop installed the kit before getting the alignment done

AA633AE1-4E51-4EC4-AD59-F6FEF34D1CA7.jpeg

Yeah, if they installed it, they didn’t do it right because the camber and caster are the same. 

take a picture of your camber plates at minimum and post it here? The camber plates, the slot is supposed to be extended another .25 - .5 inch. I’m almost willing to bet they did not do this. The bushings May have had to be glued in, if not pressed in. They will turn if not done properly. I had a set of DJM camber bushings, they had to be glued in to stay. I thought I did it right the first time and after left the shop, before I got home the bushing turned on me and sucked my wheel in negative camber. 

At 4/6, the plates or the bushings should get you into alignment alone and both together will get you far positive. 

I do know when I was 4/6 with upper and lower a arms, the camber was within .1 - 2 of factory spec in camber. 

6 minutes ago, sharkeysierra said:

Yeah, if they installed it, they didn’t do it right because the camber and caster are the same. 

take a picture of your camber plates at minimum and post it here? The camber plates, the slot is supposed to be extended another .25 - .5 inch. I’m almost willing to bet they did not do this. The bushings May have had to be glued in, if not pressed in. They will turn if not done properly. I had a set of DJM camber bushings, they had to be glued in to stay. I thought I did it right the first time and after left the shop, before I got home the bushing turned on me and sucked my wheel in negative camber. 

At 4/6, the plates or the bushings should get you into alignment alone and both together will get you far positive. 

I do know when I was 4/6 with upper and lower a arms, the camber was within .1 - 2 of factory spec in camber. 

EAE494BC-5D3F-49E3-88FF-3898C184460E.png