2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

59 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I just looked, the mcgaughys spacer will work for 1" drop. You still use the stock strut, you just replace the lower spring perch with theirs and use how many ever shims you need for the amount of drop you want. Here's the link

http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjustable-rings-and-spacers-34061

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, that's the type of information I was looking for. Now to find them.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, Maiden69 said:

I ended up getting the springs from Ridetech as the AFCOs were sold out when I placed my order, they sell the HyperCo springs. 850# is the right size for this truck if you want a stiffer suspension like I do, that said, I am using them with my Vikings and with no preload I am sitting around 1/2" higher than with what I was running before. If you are running stock ride height, or just lowered with spindles, the 600-700# range will give a softer ride (much like the old Cadillacs which I hate). I ordered the coil-overs for the front from Ridetech as well and will be installing them soon, they are around 1/2" shorter than the Vikings which will bring my ride height back to what I had before the springs. They are a monotube and single valve design, so they should perform slightly different, but I don't foresee any issues because of it. 

Do you have a link for the Ridetechs?

I have a 2014 single cab with a 4” drop in the front. The wheel setup is 20”s with a 275/55 tire profile. I took the truck today for an alignment, they told me that l have a 2’ of negative camber, they could only fix my toe but not the camber.  I was asking what aftermarket parts should l need to get rid of that camber?

2 hours ago, Brian Hinojosa said:

I have a 2014 single cab with a 4” drop in the front. The wheel setup is 20”s with a 275/55 tire profile. I took the truck today for an alignment, they told me that l have a 2’ of negative camber, they could only fix my toe but not the camber.  I was asking what aftermarket parts should l need to get rid of that camber?

I have the same set up but I didn’t have problems with all the alignment specs. 4/6 drop with duratrac 275 55 r20. Did you try getting second opinion from other alignment shops? 

9 hours ago, Brian Hinojosa said:

Belltech 2 degree offset control arm bushings. 
This kit comes with the tool to press out/in the bushings. 
https://www.jegs.com/i/Bell+Tech/146/4957/10002/-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw8df2BRA3EiwAvfZWaMB4gStnLn5MAKRS-NR-axbofo36Usj7dM4tLr22ucaVCWZ4uLFQvhoCp7cQAvD_BwE

3 hours ago, _lowlife_ said:

Belltech 2 degree offset control arm bushings. 
This kit comes with the tool to press out/in the bushings. 
https://www.jegs.com/i/Bell+Tech/146/4957/10002/-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw8df2BRA3EiwAvfZWaMB4gStnLn5MAKRS-NR-axbofo36Usj7dM4tLr22ucaVCWZ4uLFQvhoCp7cQAvD_BwE

Will this work with the stock control arms? I have 2’ drop springs and spindles that make it into a 4’.

22 hours ago, Brian Hinojosa said:

Will this work with the stock control arms? I have 2’ drop springs and spindles that make it into a 4’.

Yes. You have to press out your old bushings and press in the new offset bushings. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone. I just bought a 2017 Sierra and looking for drop advice.

2wd/4wd stamped arms

id like a 2F/5R drop for a clean level drop.

From what i've read a 3" difference would achieve this?

my research shows the 1017SP kit would be what i need but thats a 2/4 kit. (2212FF x 2, 6700, 6525, 25004 x 2, 2514)

I was wondering to get the 2/5 im looking for would it be suggested to get (8510 x 2, 6401,6525, 25004 x 2, 2514)

basically swap out the 2212FF 2-4" drop shocks and change them for 8510 5-7" drop

and change the shackles 6700 to 6401 to get the 5" instead of only 4"?

also would it be suggested to get shock extenders?

thanks

IMG_6301 (002).PNG

Hi, @Blitzfergie. I dropped my 2018 double cab with 1017SP. It is a great kit, but you can piece one together for cheaper. To get 2F/5R you need the 2514 spindles, 6525 flip kit, 6400 shackles, and 2210FF or 8510 shocks. I personally don't like shock extenders, so I would get the proper shock for the amount of drop.

I really like the 25004 struts and the Street Performance shocks that came with the kit. My truck rides better than stock and handles amazing. Some reviews say the Nitro Drop shocks are not very good with the extended/crew cab trucks, too soft. 

This is a 2" Bell Knuckle drop up front.  2-1/4" flatter Deaver 11 leaf custom spring pack and tossing the 1-1/4" spacer and Sulastic shackles for a 3-1/2" + drop. Although I have King shocks all around the rears are stock length and in the middle of their stroke. 150 psi N2 front, 250 psi N2 rear. 600# springs up front, zero pre-load and again near middle of stroke. Just a hair high. Zero alignment problems and still have full range of adjustment. 

Note: 2" knuckle drop is max for 17" wheels. The 3" requires more wheel diameter. If I did this again it would be with remote reservoir shocks in back. May still do that. 

Mcgaughys has a 2" leaf drop that can be coupled with shim toss. Add 1" shackle drop and 1" shock lower extension for almost 4-1/2" and shorten the bump stops an inch or two. Stock shock still in the middle. 

You can also use the factory spring tossing the helper and second leaf, 2" shackle drop and toss the spacer, add shock extension and shorten the bump stop to get almost their. You may need a traction bar if you a lead foot and make enough horsepower. A shock like the Viking double adjustable would be a plus for the altered spring rate. 

Just tossing some ideas that are lower budget. Been running my setup for about 2 years and love it. You don't even know expansion joints exist. I think I listed these from most expensive to cheapest. Haven't priced parts recently. 

InkedIMG_0179_LI.thumb.jpg.622448e1144a9012c6e7a1268df0e02c.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i’m about to get some BellTech lowering shackles for my 2014 sierra. My first time ever doing this. Any tips i should hear of? I’ve heard we need to return the shackles bolt torque back to spec, does anybody know what it is?? Thanks in advance!