2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

12 hours ago, 204-WPG said:

Have you tried 4/7 instead before getting new tires for now? My thinking is based on what you’re looking at 3/4-1” gap between fender and tires.

I don’t have a whole lot of adjustability In the front. I could probably come up 1/2 using spacers, but I really like the way it sits now. I know I’ll need new tires eventually to achieve the look I’m after.

the top of the tires is only about a half inch from the carpet liner in the front. 

• 2 weeks later...

For Christmas I got the Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS) to add to the leaf springs to help with roll and traction.  I haven't put it on yet because the system is designed for trucks without flip kits.  The system is connects the rear end of the leaf spring (which is not affected by the flip kit) to the middle section of the springs just in front of the axle.  With the axle sitting on top using a flip kit there is nothing for the front of the RAS to grip.  I think it will work if I put the stock 1.5" blocks in on the bottom side of the leaf springs.  Assuming the U-bolts are tensioned properly I don't think it would be a problem.  Anyone with experience or thoughts on this?

I would test this but I can only find one stock block from when I had the flip kit put on the truck.  Anyone have an extra stock block they could spare?  I want to use the stock blocks because they have the ridges on the ends which will hold them in place instead of sliding.  Hoping someone can help a lowered Chevy brother out.

image.png.e549de93e936738ee2c142e1891d41e8.png

Hello everyone. I have a 2018 Sierra 4x4 and I bought the Belltech kit 1017SP. I am going for a 2" front and 4" rear drop. I installed the 2514 - 2" drop spindles and the 25004 - Lowering Strut. The strut has all 6 rings in for a 0" drop. After I put the truck back on the ground I was very surprised to see it was not dropped at all. I thought the spindles would give me the 2" drop and the strut would allow you to drop it further.

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Do I need to set the strut for a 2" drop to get 2" total?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 hours ago, SeekAndDestroy said:

Hello everyone. I have a 2018 Sierra 4x4 and I bought the Belltech kit 1017SP. I am going for a 2" front and 4" rear drop. I installed the 2514 - 2" drop spindles and the 25004 - Lowering Strut. The strut has all 6 rings in for a 0" drop. After I put the truck back on the ground I was very surprised to see it was not dropped at all. I thought the spindles would give me the 2" drop and the strut would allow you to drop it further.

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Do I need to set the strut for a 2" drop to get 2" total?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Belltech 25004 struts are lowering or lifting struts. If it came with 6 spacers and you put them all in, you lifted the front 2" with the struts. Do you basically lowered it 2" with the spindles and then lifted it back up with the strut. 

If you only wanted 2" up front, why not just leave the stock struts?

Take half the spacers out and put them back in, that should be stock height. 

Edited by Daly
  • Like 1

eb9b9242d1a78c3b75ca1c107a96e031.jpg

17’ 6.2L 4x4. 3.5/6 Max Trac 2” spindles and adjustable struts. Moog 2wd upper and lower A-arms. Flip kit and lift hangers out back. Helper bags for towing. 22” factory RST wheels with stock size tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
eb9b9242d1a78c3b75ca1c107a96e031.jpg

17’ 6.2L 4x4. 3.5/6 Max Trac 2” spindles and adjustable struts. Moog 2wd upper and lower A-arms. Flip kit and lift hangers out back. Helper bags for towing. 22” factory RST wheels with stock size tires.

Damn I like that, I didn’t like the RST wheels until I seen this!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of guys wonder about these but never pull the trigger well I installed these in a RCSB that is lowered 3/5 to soften up the factory rear leaf springs and the difference was almost nothing.These are very simple in design replacing the factory solid shackle with what is essentially a damper so any Silverado lifted, dropped, or even stock height with a factory shackle geometry should be able to benefit from these.That being said I have felt bigger differences in ride quality with simple $80 shock changes than I have with these $440 shackles.The only minor improvement is in very slow speed vibrations under 30mph.Anything over 30mph with uneven payment, bumps, or pot holes the difference is disappointing. Hopefully if your on the fence about these you will come across this and consider spending your money on something that will make a difference.Just my own findings you guys of course are welcome to purchase a set to see for yourselves

1.thumb.jpg.f759a7c61dc22db8d65e8f160bfa0602.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.129e8c22728dd1bed5a825cbd7394021.jpg

• Like 1

Well, after much deliberation and mathematical equations using the formulas at the Viking website and Ridetech's coilover formulas I found out that our truck geometry calls for a 12" spring with 800 lbs/in for a 1" drop by spring... so, no wonder I am still bottoming out even running the coilovers at 17/15... I ordered some AFCO springs at 850 lb/in, and if the Vikings can't handle them I will buy Ridetech's coilovers and use the Vikings on the rear once I do the 4 link suspension. 

As a side note, I did ran the 10" math, and they suggest a 1000 lb/in, but this is with the OEM LCA. I had no idea the LCA had so much influence on the spring rate of a car. 

Any update on the AFCO springs? Thanks for the input on Atomic; I’ll definitely be hitting him up. I do some occasional towing, so the 850# 12” spring sounds ideal.

57 minutes ago, NoLand said:

Any update on the AFCO springs? Thanks for the input on Atomic; I’ll definitely be hitting him up. I do some occasional towing, so the 850# 12” spring sounds ideal.

I ended up getting the springs from Ridetech as the AFCOs were sold out when I placed my order, they sell the HyperCo springs. 850# is the right size for this truck if you want a stiffer suspension like I do, that said, I am using them with my Vikings and with no preload I am sitting around 1/2" higher than with what I was running before. If you are running stock ride height, or just lowered with spindles, the 600-700# range will give a softer ride (much like the old Cadillacs which I hate). I ordered the coil-overs for the front from Ridetech as well and will be installing them soon, they are around 1/2" shorter than the Vikings which will bring my ride height back to what I had before the springs. They are a monotube and single valve design, so they should perform slightly different, but I don't foresee any issues because of it. 

Hi, any information would be appreciated. I have an '18 Sierra Crew Cab 2 wheel drive and I'm looking for the best way to lower the front end just 1". I have already installed 2" lowering shackles and pulled the block out in the rear. I installed a 2° shim at the same time and it rides smooth as glass. It's 1"higher in the rear but I believe it would sit much better if it is lowered in the front to still give it a bit of a rake. I'm going for a "what factory could have done" look.

I think mcgaughys has an adjustable strut spacer that you add or remove shims from to set the ride height, I'm not sure what the smallest drop setting is though. Otherwise, most of the stuff I've seen out there starts around 2" which is a really good look on a truck with a 2/4 drop.

For reference, here's a 2015 with a 2/4 drop on 22s30a105acc430e3f5adc8c590661b1110.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I think mcgaughys has an adjustable strut spacer that you add or remove shims from to set the ride height, I'm not sure what the smallest drop setting is though. Otherwise, most of the stuff I've seen out there starts around 2" which is a really good look on a truck with a 2/4 drop.

For reference, here's a 2015 with a 2/4 drop on 22s30a105acc430e3f5adc8c590661b1110.jpg

Thank you. I was trying to avoid changing the factory strut. in my research I guess a 2" lowering spindle and a lift spacer under the strut base is the easiest but wanted to see if the community has better ideas.

I just looked, the mcgaughys spacer will work for 1" drop. You still use the stock strut, you just replace the lower spring perch with theirs and use how many ever shims you need for the amount of drop you want. Here's the link

http://mcgaughys.com/products/front-adjustable-rings-and-spacers-34061