2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I haven't seen much about the DiamondBack cover... Pros & Cons?

My dad has one on his 2014 Sierra. Loves it. He got the one with the cleats on top and three sections. He custom built some plastic bins that hang from the sections for his tools and what not. It seems like a good cover if you don't need your entire bed and have to take it off very often, or need secure storage space available like he does. He says it has not leaked a drop since he installed it.

• Like 1

Anyone with the Fold a Cover and personal caddy with a standard box crew cab able to measure the depth and width of the personal caddy box?

Thanks!

EDIT: Got a quick response from FAC, the dimensions of the Personal Caddy are 59.25" Long X 14.625" Wide X 14" Deep for those that want to know.

Edited by CNHogger

new to this but was just wondering if any of you guys had opionions of the truck covers USA American work cover jr. I have been looking into it but haven't found a lot of customer reviews. Any help would be appreciated.

There are some reviews here http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/truck-covers-usa-american-work-tonneau-cover

Seems a bit expensive for a manual roll up with a tool box, but looking around there doesn't seem to be any alternatives. (Not sure why I thought Pace Edwards made one.)

If you can accept a fold up there are lots of options for less than half the price.

Edited by crewl1

I haven't seen much about the DiamondBack cover... Pros & Cons?

I purchased a diamondback HD cover a couple months back. What made me interested was the security. Once I started researching covers and saw how well made and secure their covers were, I couldn't go with any other cover. I feel all covers lack in certain areas. I went with DB because I feel they fullfilled what I needed from a cover the best. Everyone's different though.

Cons: the only thing I can think of is if you are loading dirt, sand, gravel in the bed a lot. You would have to take it off. If you have a tall item you can Flip a section of the cover open all the way (unless you have the ATV package with the side rails) or strap it onto of the cover. That's what I do. In the instance I have something that won't fit under the cover I just strap it it on top. I have the headache rack from them also so the back window is protected. So straping stuff on top really isn't a big deal. I completely fine making that trade off to get one of the most secure and heavy duty covers on the market. Another con could be pricing. If you look at the prices of other covers that use crap locks and plastic parts......you will see you get a lot for your money with DB. If you just want a cover o believe their SE cover is only $1199 in polished finish. It holds 400lbs on top. The HD is $1599 fan hold 1600lbs on top. So I feel those prices are actually very comparable with others on the market. If you want rugged black finish ass $300. It starts getting expensive when you add stuff. I got the ATV package so I could load my quad on top of it, a tool box that drops in the front section, and the headache rack and it was kind of expensive. If I were to price out a tool box, and a headache rack and a cover, and ATV ramps by themselves from other vendors the price is comparable.

I also have not had a single drop of water in the cover. I grew up in MA but now live in San Diego. We have recently been getting a lot of rain. Heaviest rain I've seen in my life. Not a drop inside the bed. I've also went through manual and automatic car washes and no water has got inside.

I am a happy customer. If you want any more info you can message me. Or just call them direct. I spoke with their salesman Jordan whole buying mine. He has all the answers.

• Like 1

I purchased a diamondback HD cover a couple months back. What made me interested was the security. Once I started researching covers and saw how well made and secure their covers were, I couldn't go with any other cover. I feel all covers lack in certain areas. I went with DB because I feel they fullfilled what I needed from a cover the best. Everyone's different though.

Cons: the only thing I can think of is if you are loading dirt, sand, gravel in the bed a lot. You would have to take it off. If you have a tall item you can Flip a section of the cover open all the way (unless you have the ATV package with the side rails) or strap it onto of the cover. That's what I do. In the instance I have something that won't fit under the cover I just strap it it on top. I have the headache rack from them also so the back window is protected. So straping stuff on top really isn't a big deal. I completely fine making that trade off to get one of the most secure and heavy duty covers on the market. Another con could be pricing. If you look at the prices of other covers that use crap locks and plastic parts......you will see you get a lot for your money with DB. If you just want a cover o believe their SE cover is only $1199 in polished finish. It holds 400lbs on top. The HD is $1599 fan hold 1600lbs on top. So I feel those prices are actually very comparable with others on the market. If you want rugged black finish ass $300. It starts getting expensive when you add stuff. I got the ATV package so I could load my quad on top of it, a tool box that drops in the front section, and the headache rack and it was kind of expensive. If I were to price out a tool box, and a headache rack and a cover, and ATV ramps by themselves from other vendors the price is comparable.

I also have not had a single drop of water in the cover. I grew up in MA but now live in San Diego. We have recently been getting a lot of rain. Heaviest rain I've seen in my life. Not a drop inside the bed. I've also went through manual and automatic car washes and no water has got inside.

I am a happy customer. If you want any more info you can message me. Or just call them direct. I spoke with their salesman Jordan whole buying mine. He has all the answers.

Thanks for all the info, I am sold on DB now it is just deciding between the SE and HD.

I'll throw in my 2 cents about DB. First, they had a LOT of problems with their locks which broke after very little use. You might want to find out if they fixed that problem. Second, the SE cover's aluminum is not that thick and can be easily bent when tightening the clamps during installation, so be careful. Third, the locking mechanism is not very sophisticated. Turning the lock simply pushes a rod beneath the bed's rails on each side of the bed. The rods are adjustable and always need to be in the correct position. Also, there is quite a bit of friction going on between the rod (which is covered with a plastic) and the bed rail (the cover comes with a plastic piece that goes onto the rail). You should keep an eye on the plastic pieces, replace them if they wear out. Fourth, you should keep an eye on the seals that are between the three panels. The seals are just stuck on with glue and can get out of position with heavy use.

I'll throw in my 2 cents about DB. First, they had a LOT of problems with their locks which broke after very little use. You might want to find out if they fixed that problem. Second, the SE cover's aluminum is not that thick and can be easily bent when tightening the clamps during installation, so be careful. Third, the locking mechanism is not very sophisticated. Turning the lock simply pushes a rod beneath the bed's rails on each side of the bed. The rods are adjustable and always need to be in the correct position. Also, there is quite a bit of friction going on between the rod (which is covered with a plastic) and the bed rail (the cover comes with a plastic piece that goes onto the rail). You should keep an eye on the plastic pieces, replace them if they wear out. Fourth, you should keep an eye on the seals that are between the three panels. The seals are just stuck on with glue and can get out of position with heavy use.

Curious.......are you speaking from personal experience?

The locks were fixed. I made a post about that before. Turns out they did receive a bad batch of locks from the distributor. They switch manufacturers and have had no failures reported. The sales rep disclosed this. They will also mitgate any problem customers have with their locks.

The SE is not flimsy by any means. Most covers are aluminum. Only the SE can withstand 400 pounds on top of it more than most, if not all covers in that price range.

I would take metal lock rods any day over what other manufacturers are puting on their covers.

I have adjusted my lock rods once since I've put the cover on. Once when I installed it. That's 4-5months of ever day use. Seals are fine. If for some reason the seal you speak of fail......there is a channel/ rain gutter if you will, beneath it so water won't get in.

If you are thinking of a DB cover don't let truck daddy sway your decision. He seems to really have it out for DB for some reason. Just do your research. You will see DB covers are great covers.

Edited by Jaybridge88

I just ordered the TruXedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover for 400 on Amazon. Haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread so hopefully it hasn't been determined that its junk. I will give my thoughts once it arrives.

On my second one, (new truck) old one was 6 years old in Buffalo NY, and as new, I love mine it's versatile, and lifetime warranty, never needed tho

Curious.......are you speaking from personal experience?

The locks were fixed. I made a post about that before. Turns out they did receive a bad batch of locks from the distributor. They switch manufacturers and have had no failures reported. The sales rep disclosed this. They will also mitgate any problem customers have with their locks.

The SE is not flimsy by any means. Most covers are aluminum. Only the SE can withstand 400 pounds on top of it more than most, if not all covers in that price range.

I would take metal lock rods any day over what other manufacturers are puting on their covers.

I have adjusted my lock rods once since I've put the cover on. Once when I installed it. That's 4-5months of ever day use. Seals are fine. If for some reason the seal you speak of fail......there is a channel/ rain gutter if you will, beneath it so water won't get in.

If you are thinking of a DB cover don't let truck daddy sway your decision. He seems to really have it out for DB for some reason. Just do your research. You will see DB covers are great covers.

Yes, it's from personal experience and no, I do not have anything "out for DB". I just call it like I see it. I'm glad they fixed the lock problem.