Space behind back seat/ can it fold down?

I'm looking to hide an amp and was think behind the back seat. It's a small alpine v-70 5 channel amp only 9x10.5 and under 2in tall.

I have a non Bose system do you know in there an amp back there like in the Bose system? It would be great because I need to tie into the factory wires.

Also I've seen on the older body Chevys people with there back seats folded down any idea if this can be done on a 2014? Thanks guys

I'm looking to hide an amp and was think behind the back seat. It's a small alpine v-70 5 channel amp only 9x10.5 and under 2in tall.

I have a non Bose system do you know in there an amp back there like in the Bose system? It would be great because I need to tie into the factory wires.

Also I've seen on the older body Chevys people with there back seats folded down any idea if this can be done on a 2014? Thanks guys

It's not too hard to remove the seat from the wall. GM pays less than an hour to have the back window regulator replaced, and that includes removing and reinstalling the right side of the rear seat.

• 1 year later...

Is the back of the seat the same at the gm900s? If so isnt there a mod where you can trim the tabs on the back of the seat and make it fold down? I have seen a lot of people do this to the older models.

Is it really that important to eliminate a safety aspect of the rear seat just to fold it though? Get in a head on collision or some sort of accident, and if that rear seat back lets go? What happens to any occupants sitting there?

Edited by 15HDriver

I mean is it really much worse than someone lifting a truck 7 inches besides the point my buddy did the hole fold down mod on his truck then rolled it and the seat stayed in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't help you on the amp. However the seats in the crew cab and double cab are hooked to the back wall and do not fold down.

When you say "hooked", do you mean like one could lift and take them out altogether?

You can take the seats out. I took out the passenger side only to do my sub add on to a Bose radio.

There is room for an amp back there.

AFAIK the non Bose do not have an amp in the rear.

Check the 'adding a sub ' thread in the accessories subforum for lots of tips.

Edited by crewl1

Take a look at my build thread. Seat mod works perfectly fine and will not unlatch unless the seat is fully in the up position.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/173536-strykers-inc-2014-gmc-sierra-denali-62l-vader/page-11

• Like 1

Take a look at my build thread. Seat mod works perfectly fine and will not unlatch unless the seat is fully in the up position.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/173536-strykers-inc-2014-gmc-sierra-denali-62l-vader/page-11

OK I just watched Kyles video on your truck. That seat mod is sick. Another mod I gotta do lol. Do you know how much is cut off. How do you like the jump sub. I was actually mocking up my enclosure for that area. Won't look that ridiculous but trying. How many watts are going to the sub. Phenomenal build. It must sound amazing!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you look on that page I posted

OK I just watched Kyles video on your truck. That seat mod is sick. Another mod I gotta do lol. Do you know how much is cut off. How do you like the jump sub. I was actually mocking up my enclosure for that area. Won't look that ridiculous but trying. How many watts are going to the sub. Phenomenal build. It must sound amazing!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks.....as far as wattage to the elite2.12d2. Well it's run 1 ohm mono at 1100 driven.....that's at max amperage though and I have the gains set short of that....

If you look on that page I posted, it will show you how much I cut. Now we had to raise the seat a bit for the amp rack, but there is still plenty enough metal in the slots that hold the seat back, even in an accident those hooks are not coming out due to GM making them really long. Use my cut points as a starting point, it should be plenty. You may have to get a set of vise grips on the final remaining section and bend them out a little to get that perfect match for entry exit slot. It's not much of a bend. Once everything is set in place and bolts are temporarily in, check the folding action before you torque the bolts fully. In some cases you have to trim a little of the plastic on the drivers passenger side with a dremel in order to get the right clearance. There is a bolt on the seat back that might contact the plastic. I have done two trucks now and one needed trimming and the other did not. You will know if yours needs it.

More to come on that build....this cold snap keeps me from sitting out there and working, plus I am waiting on my panels to get done before I am proceeding....

Edited by Strykers_Inc

I mounted a JL Audio XD700/5v2 on the back wall behind the rear passenger side seat. Plenty of room, even with the seat folded up and the seat back closer to the wall.

This is the first I've heard of the mod so that you could the seat back down. I'll be doing that soon for easier access to my amp.

With the factory seat setup, its annoying but not actually difficult to remove the seat.

Edited by Hozer