What have you done to your K2 today?

So I had my Borla muffler installed and it was super quiet. I had the resonator deleted yesterday and it had a little more noise, but made a weird whistle noise. Still was Barry noticeable. Went to Autozone and bought a 2" hose clamp and clamped the flapper valve open. Bingo. Sounds great now. I left it on because the guy installed to at Borla said to leave it in per his notes on the GMPP sport muffler. No drone and has a nice growl. Not too loud. Just what I was looking for. My last truck with the MF cat back and headers had some drone, but not too bad.

I just removed it with my fingers with some WD40. I have a black truck so I had a few small scratches but they polished up easily.

perfect! Thanks for the quick response!!! Also did you let the sun and heat of summer heat up the badging or did you break out a hair drier? I do not have a heat gun so that will not be an option...

perfect! Thanks for the quick response!!! Also did you let the sun and heat of summer heat up the badging or did you break out a hair drier? I do not have a heat gun so that will not be an option...

I used my wife's hair dryer in the garage bc it's too damn hot outside. I left it sit on each letter for 45sec-1min and use fishing line and it came right off. For the residue adhesive I just re-heated it again and rolled off using my finger through a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone installed a power retractible antenna? I've used search, and probably looked at at least 1/3 of this thread so far, and I don't see where anyone has done this. I did find a retractible antenna that's supposed to work. But it's pretty pricey if there are major issues, or decreases radio quality.

http://www.carparts.com/details/AC_Delco/Antenna/AC88891017.html

I used my wife's hair dryer in the garage bc it's too damn hot outside. I left it sit on each letter for 45sec-1min and use fishing line and it came right off. For the residue adhesive I just re-heated it again and rolled off using my finger through a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, that's great info ??

• Like 1

Had the notorious seat movement issue on mine. Last night I used two hose clamps like in the thread about it, and it's great now! This forum has a lot more helpful info vs some of the other forums I'm on.

Edited by cbrsilv15
  • Like 1

Just did the AirRaid tube with stock filter

performance-

cant say there's any difference

not disappointed, as I was mainly looking for dress-up options under the hood.

negative -

can't say this is a direct cause/effect, but I generally drive just brushing the pedal.

of course I wanted to see if i felt any difference, so was more liberal with the throttle.

while cold, I had a flat spot right (pause) on the start of pushing the pedal down.

soon as I got around the block - even mildest warm-up, didn't get that again.

never had that before, but then again was driving differently/more aggressively.

as long as that was a one off, I'll keep it in, otherwise will revert to stock.

sound -

maybe just a bit deeper induction noise. Not objectionable at all like an open cone filter. So it passes the sound test. Quiet when cruising, and a bit deeper on heavy accel.

Had the notorious seat movement issue on mine. Last night I used two hose clamps like in the thread about it, and it's great now! This forum has a lot more helpful info vs some of the other forums I'm on.

Do you mind posting a link to that mod? Thanks!

• Like 1

Just did the AirRaid tube with stock filter

performance-

cant say there's any difference

not disappointed, as I was mainly looking for dress-up options under the hood.

negative -

can't say this is a direct cause/effect, but I generally drive just brushing the pedal.

of course I wanted to see if i felt any difference, so was more liberal with the throttle.

while cold, I had a flat spot right (pause) on the start of pushing the pedal down.

soon as I got around the block - even mildest warm-up, didn't get that again.

never had that before, but then again was driving differently/more aggressively.

as long as that was a one off, I'll keep it in, otherwise will revert to stock.

sound -

maybe just a bit deeper induction noise. Not objectionable at all like an open cone filter. So it passes the sound test. Quiet when cruising, and a bit deeper on heavy accel.

Did you disconnect the battery so the computer will learn the change?

Sent from the future via a wifi time portal.

Did you disconnect the battery so the computer will learn the change?

Sent from the future via a wifi time portal.

no I didn't .... great tip. Haven't had the stall again, so am encouraged to keep it in. Will try the battery trick to see if it runs any different.

Built a rinkydink sub box for mine a few weeks back. Doesn't look the best but sounds awesome. Got more room by doing the seat lift mod.

0c29625b3a7ed86843055908ea07f305.jpg183edd4fb63758c0b3ec1abbf02bab15.jpgff4880aedc9be35c53a98292346ef959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

what is the seat lift mod 0.0 that sounds great!