What have you done to your K2 today?

Swapped out the plastic dealer branded plate frames for simple black metal versions this morning. I'd ordered a carbon fiber set, but apparently their mold was a bit too small as my plates didn't fit.

Oh well, simple black does the trick just as well.

Swapped out the plastic dealer branded plate frames for simple black metal versions this morning. I'd ordered a carbon fiber set, but apparently their mold was a bit too small as my plates didn't fit.

Oh well, simple black does the trick just as well.

Yeah simple black always works, but you can always vinyl wrap it carbon very easily later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised to read about simple black licence plate frames as I just installed a set yesterday! Our province just released three new licence plates and my wife bought me a set for my upcoming bday. The dealer frame covered too much of the plate. Here is a sample picture of the plate we chose.

post-150467-0-93492700-1486241565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 1

Installed two new MOOG upper control arms. Changed the oil and filter with Penzoil Platinum 0W20 and a Wix filter. Pulled 4 quarts of trans fluid out the dipstick with a hand operated vacuum pump. 4 new quarts of GM synthetic fluid back in. Set the tire pressures and rotated the tires for alignment on Monday. Tomorrow, is wash day for the truck and my wife's car. Salt all over them.

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Installed two new MOOG upper control arms. Changed the oil and filter with Penzoil Platinum 0W20 and a Wix filter. Pulled 4 quarts of trans fluid out the dipstick with a hand operated vacuum pump. 4 new quarts of GM synthetic fluid back in. Set the tire pressures and rotated the tires for alignment on Monday. Tomorrow, is wash day for the truck and my wife's car. Salt all over them.

How many miles on truck? Ball joints wore out?

How many miles on truck? Ball joints wore out?

I had one on the passengers side that was making some noise coming in and out of my driveway. I bought the truck with 42k miles on it so, I have no idea what the previous owner did to it. Lowered, lifted who knows. I changed both thinking the other one might be right behind. About $175 for both arms off of Amazon. There is 76K miles on it now.

No tuning? I could've sworn I read on here that in order to do this and have everything work correctly, that a tune was needed.

For the mirror to work?

Yeah simple black always works, but you can always vinyl wrap it carbon very easily later

True, but I'll probably just stick with the black. The cool factor of the CF set that I bought was that they were actually carbon fiber and not a wrap or plastic.

Oh well, back to Amazon they go.

• Like 1

Yes, maybe it had something to do with the On-Star, or something. I remember having to integrate the wire harness.

The difference with the mirror is the need for a GMLAN Circuit tap and a power pin relocate. The mirror has omitted a few circuits which are now managed by the GMLAN circuit.

Edited by pgamboa

Installed the Camaro DBX - Frameless Auto Dimming Mirror! Thanks Alexantics!

e20d48fc32ad352e3f2d4927f62bc595.jpg

4859c33544c96a25ed32cd5a87901d7c.jpg

e8198bede5d824460a72d914a6f95e8f.jpg

Did the same mod last week. Used the Gen5diy harness and had to also add a 12V constant supply. The Onstar warning light comes up on mine when I first start the truck, but everything seems to be working correctly. Does the warning light come up on yours?

• Like 1

Did the same mod last week. Used the Gen5diy harness and had to also add a 12V constant supply. The Onstar warning light comes up on mine when I first start the truck, but everything seems to be working correctly. Does the warning light come up on yours?

Yep. Comes on for a few seconds, then turns off. I added the auto dimming, backup lamp, and run/crank Voltage circuits a few months ago. Adding the Gen5DIY harness made the upgrade really simple. I didn't have to go hunting for a GMLAN circuit today [emoji23].

• Like 2