What have you done to your K2 today?

It's just like on the older NBS trucks. You remove the seat and cut a little bit off the tabs that hold the seat back to the cab. When you fold the seat bottom up, the top half raises slightly and lifts out of the hook on the cab so it can be folded down for access.

Cool idea, just not for me. I have my kids in the backseat, so I won't jeopardize any safety from the seat.

Catch can installed and led lights

6cc250adc214bf46849b322c530c8c33.jpg

5af9669bc2f1f56c940bde4be241ab23.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Sooo not trying to be a dick but you do know your tailgate handle doesn't come close to matching the rest of your truck right? And for the vinyl Avery gloss white matches best...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Abearclaw

Sooo not trying to be a dick but you do know your tailgate handle doesn't come close to matching the rest of your truck right? And for the vinyl Avery gloss white matches best...

I know. I have the original handle that I will be sanding down and repainting to match. This one was shot with too much pearl.

I'll have more time when I go on my PCS leave to work on the truck more. Like doing my undercarriage before I move to the Midwest.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Edited by pamaguin
  • Like 1

Took the Sierra out for a warm up run then did a fluid check, oil good, transmission fluid good. After that I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes for relearn. Found it odd that I had to cycle the drivers side window upon turning on the key. Took it out for a spirited run, and only hope it gets better with time/miles.

fold down? More info please.

So what I did was to remove the backseat entirely I did this so that I could install some be quiet brown bread against the rear wall and the floor in the process of doing so however I also cut the metal tabs that hold the back seat to the rear wall in half this now allows the seats to both fold up and the upper part 2 full down how upload a video here in a bit and fortunately it takes a while to upload

So what I did was to remove the backseat entirely I did this so that I could install some be quiet brown bread against the rear wall and the floor in the process of doing so however I also cut the metal tabs that hold the back seat to the rear wall in half this now allows the seats to both fold up and the upper part 2 full down how upload a video here in a bit and fortunately it takes a while to upload

Here is a quick picture of the rear clips that I cut in half https://goo.gl/photos/uFFMUdJg2iomqTEx9

• Like 1

Picked this up on craigslist the other day new for $40.

IMG_20170212_092654_zpsb1wnamk7.jpg

Decided I wanted some color so ordered some vinyl and gave it a go this morning. Took two tries on the front but looks good. Rear was one shot. Not entirely happy with it as it does not seem to want to stick out at the edges. Looks good for now but I will likely peel it up if it doesnt peel itself.

IMG_20170212_092643_zpsdilcprj6.jpg

Picked this up on craigslist the other day new for $40.

IMG_20170212_092654_zpsb1wnamk7.jpg

Decided I wanted some color so ordered some vinyl and gave it a go this morning. Took two tries on the front but looks good. Rear was one shot. Not entirely happy with it as it does not seem to want to stick out at the edges. Looks good for now but I will likely peel it up if it doesnt peel itself.

IMG_20170212_092643_zpsdilcprj6.jpg

You could try post heating it to help activate the adhesive and some edge seal

You could try post heating it to help activate the adhesive and some edge seal

Used a heat gun when doing it. What do you mean by post heating?

Essentially what I did - Cut approximate size, removed backing, applied with 'thumb' pressure, heat with gun and pushed out all wrinkles, cut the edges, used vinyl tool to push down edges. Did the cutting and pushing all with the heatgun.

Tough to say if I used enough heat, maybe it just needed more or if I used too much. Certainly with a few more tries I would get it and I have plenty of vinyl but it was starting to get a bit windy.