Dropping Bluetooth Phone Call

About month/6 weeks ago I had the radio software updated by the dealer. It decreased the number of dropped connections between the radio and the cell phone, however I still have the issue. It is extremely annoying and can only imagine if you use your truck for business what the experience is like. I have tried initiating the call from the touchscreen and from the phone and it does not appear to matter. I have an iPhone for work but have not used it enough with the truck to determine if it will drop the connection too.

I have more information about the software update (bulletin number), just not handy right now.

I don't know anything about the blower fan, can't comment.

About the fan...2013 and older did turn the fan down during a BT call, but 2014 and up do not. The noise cancellation in the BT is really good...my callers report really good fidelity.

• 2 weeks later...

I switched from an iPhone 5 (which had no bluetooth issues in the truck) to an LG G3 Android phone last week. I've been experiencing the bluetooth dropping on calls as well. I figured it was an issue between the truck and the Android phone since the iphone worked flawlessly since I got the truck. Looks like I'll be switching back to my old phone to use bluetooth calling trouble free.

• 1 month later...

Same here, I have an LG G3 and have been getting the dropped calls for quite a while now. They did the reflash and update on the radio but that hasn't solved it either. I used to have an S4 and I don't remember having issues with that. What's odd though is that both phones use the same version and release of android so the bluetooth coding should be identical for both devices. Maybe I'll see if there is something that can be done on the phone side of things in the meantime. I'll let you guys know if the dealer is able to find anything out from GM too.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I use my truck for business quite a bit and it's incredibly annoying to no longer trust the hands free and have to use my phone up to my ear.

• 1 month later...

I am still experiencing the issues. The dealer and radio updates have not helped any. I did some searching and it appears that similar issue occurs with various Android phones. One suggestion I ran across was to turn off WiFi. I tried that last night and still dropped the call from the truck speakers. Frustrating!!

Interesting, yeah mine is still working perfectly. The other thing the dealer did too was to link one or two of their phones up then try them out. I'm not sure if that affected anything, but maybe having something other than just my phone hooked up to it reset something. However I think it was just the update from Verizon/LG for my G3 that fixed things. Hope you guys get it figured out soon, it sure was annoying not being able to use the bluetooth.

• 2 months later...

I stumbled on a potential workaround. For the past month I have plugged my phone into a USB port before placing a phone call. Knock on wood, I have not dropped the call between the truck and the phone. Curious is anyone else that suffers from this problem can try this. Based on my research I think the latest Android OS might help too, but that is dependent on my phone carrier.

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm new to this site I have 2015 chevy 2500 HD with diesel engine . Have been having same problem. I have had it at dealer 3 times . Have done all up dates to the truck and phone .I have talked with my cell carrier they can't find anything wrong . I just came from dealer today and they said it was my phone I have a droid HD

Ever since I started plugging my phone into the USB port I have not dropped a call from the cell phone to the audio system. Not the ideal solution, but certainly much better than dropping calls and fumbling for the phone.

Archived