Fitbit?

• 3 years later...

Old topic I know but I was thinking about starting the topic myself, so I figured that I may as well use this one that I found thru using the search function. :noway: I've had one for about 2 years. If you have one and you'd like to join me in some challenges either leave me your email address here or in PM. :thumbs: 

• GPGuy featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 year later...

I been using one for about 1.5 yrs., fitbit charge2  I turned off the notifications, was getting to much spam.  They are worse then onstar though, they can track your whereabouts.

Cardiologist recommends minimum 7,000 steps/day, 10,000 optimum

Edited by elcamino

I got an Apple Watch to help do fitness tracking, as well as enable me to not have to fish my phone out of my pocket all the time to see who called/text/emailed me while working, and it definitely helps me, particularly during the winter, when I do snow removal, as during "snow days" it's no problem getting exercise in, but other days, I would tend to stay inside or work on the equipment.  I find going and closing the rings on it every day fairly simple and straightforward, and doing it every day helped me not gain the 10 lbs or so I normally do over the winter.  It isn't perfect, as sometimes the watch doesn't seem to track my exercise while I'm doing it(as in, I tell my watch I'm going for a walk, actually go out walking for 30 minutes, and it will say I only exercised for 10 or 15 minutes).  It doesn't happen alot, but often enough to be annoying when trying to get awards for doing a perfect week or perfect month or make your monthly goals.