To start with you have to find out which cylinder is misfiring. Then you check and see if you have spark to that cylinder. If you have spark. then do a compression check on that cylinder. If compression is low then you have either a burnt valve or the rings are bad. Now you can have good compression and still have a bad cam. To check the cam you take the valve cover off the side that has the bad cylinder. And check and see how much lift you have on the valves of that cylinder. But the first thing you have to do is find out which cylinder or cylinders that aren't firing.

throwing more parts at it. just put in a map sensor and it seems to be okay but i wont notice a difference until my ride home from work

hope i can help. first do powerloss test. loosen all plugwires so you can run the engine and pull one at a time. next do that. at idle pull one plug wire listening carefully to engine. if you find a dead cylinder leave that wire off and test drive. if you find a dead cylinder, check that plug for spark. if thats ok compression test next. plz reply im curious

you check cam by pulling valve covers and start truck. look for consistent rocking of rocker arms and while at it make sure valve stems are going up and down

Archived