What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

One of my buddies had a 90's Toyota Camry that was sitting in a field for 5 years with every light in the dash on. Once it became emission exempt (15 years), he got it back on the road, and had me charge up the A/C. I didn't think it would work, but it did! ICE cold, too! 34° at the vents at IDLE! Amazing. After about a year, the compressor got real noisy. The oil undoubtedly had broken down, and the compressor was failing. Sounded like a mini Diesel engine, but the thing keep cooling, right up until he sold it, lol!

Not sure how accurate the gauge was, but there was about 30 lbs of the old stuff in there that I took out.  But you are probably right, seals dried out or something. We'll see how long it lasts.  I only plan on keeping the car for a year or two at the most so no big deal.  It was blowing ice cold today!  The only sucky part about having a good working AC again is that because the pump is running you certainly notice the power loss on these lower HP engines.  Uggh.  At least it's not a 4 cylinder.  In high school I drove an 85 Nissan Stanza 2.0L and you had to turn the A/C off anytime you were accelerating from a stop in order to get going.  ha ha.  But I beat the crap out of that car and it kept running well up until we sold it. 

15 hours ago, Colossus said:

Not sure how accurate the gauge was, but there was about 30 lbs of the old stuff in there that I took out.  But you are probably right, seals dried out or something. We'll see how long it lasts.  I only plan on keeping the car for a year or two at the most so no big deal.  It was blowing ice cold today!  The only sucky part about having a good working AC again is that because the pump is running you certainly notice the power loss on these lower HP engines.  Uggh.  At least it's not a 4 cylinder.  In high school I drove an 85 Nissan Stanza 2.0L and you had to turn the A/C off anytime you were accelerating from a stop in order to get going.  ha ha.  But I beat the crap out of that car and it kept running well up until we sold it. 

Ounces I hope, or your gauge is waaay off 

The mazda dealer I rant about: here is another, luckily this was my final prepaid visit over 5 years. That deal wasn't good enough to put up with them. Had a 4 wheel alignment in January, and they said I needed one. Why? Because they forgot to changed the recommendations from last time and they never actually check much(proven this several times, even to their face, like when they said my 1 month old crystal clear brake fluid was basically expired from age). They said it was a mis step, guess they don't use the word mistake anymore. Went in for headlight recall. Modern car, so they have to take a bunch off of the car to replace the headlights, took it in at 10 AM, would be ready by late afternoon.

Get a text at 2:30. 

"Oh, by the way, we don't have the parts for the recall."

tenor.gif

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 1

21st Century car dealers for you. They're all the same these days - just a different badge on the junk they peddle.

I just joined this forum with my 2020 RST/Z71. I got a couple of old Chevy's, a 73 Stingray restored with VBP suspension, 383/435hp and Tremec 5spd.  Also a 71 Chevelle currently in mid restoration.  Fresh 454, TH-400, 3:73 rear,,hope to be driving it by august.

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_6261b_zpsogrbiqep.JPG

IMG_0577 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Back in the day, my best friend's parents had a '71 convertible 'Vette - looked just like your '73. Almost the same color. Only difference was the ragtop, of course, and a chrome luggage rack on the back around the fuel fill door.

We used to laugh at how we'd cruise "the strip" in Worcester back in the day, and strike out with every single girl we'd try to talk to when we were driving his old Toyota pickup, or my GMC S15 ... but then we'd head back to my buddy's place and grab the 'Vette - 20 minutes later, suddenly, we were the hottest guys in town, LOL! The girls were hollering at US!  

Corvette .... LOL!! That's all it takes! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My buddy is getting ready to add another 300 HP to this fire-breathing beast. Already close to 900 RWHP right now! 

Volume and bass UP for best results. ?

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 2

Yeah, it sucks! Everything is cancelled this year. Every major airshow is, too. ?

On 7/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jsdirt said:

My buddy is getting ready to add another 300 HP to this fire-breathing beast. Already close to 900 RWHP right now! 

Volume and bass UP for best results. ?

Who cares about the sound, let's see the thing at the track! 

Yesterday I decided to wash her with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and wax, air dry her, then Meguiars Ultimate detailer spay. I took off my wheels and slapped on Bogart's "Terminator Special" D-10s on. Before doing so, I gave the inner fender wells some needed attention by using some degreaser, scrubbing, rinsing off, drying, and then applying Chemical Guys Barebones on to bring out the shine.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NotoriousGT350
  • Like 2

Nothing better than a clean, black vehicle!?

My truck used to look that good ... for the first few hours after it left the showroom ... ?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday made it out to cars and coffee. Fun event my buddy had his new C8 out (Zeus bronze). 4 in total were out there. My fav was the blue square body truck

b8af4d204a3696adf0857f4a83946fb4.jpg4342e97318bc4b6ff2cb90716166730b.jpg7bdffb50d2e1bc6b7b50514b7644c523.jpg2c3be9c073d387d16119c76d88f64075.jpge859affc1f91aaf7f4960004074609cf.jpg2a3763df7b3bd8f6c646a57ce89a2e8b.jpgf4ce4e1d644698931a7890f403961c2b.jpg845f7cbc0035804e0907fa0d0bb200ef.jpg

Ryan B.

• Like 2