What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

23 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Pretty sure i got it 5ish years ago from summit racing.

Ryan B.

Thanks for the reply.

I will look on their site to see if they still sell them.

My Cadillac is on jacks awaiting her new power steering rack. That will be insane driving with power assist again. 

First part of June I ended up getting a parts car. From the LA area, purchased new there. It's in great cosmetic shape. The engine, on the other hand, is blending coolant with engine oil to make a nice milkshake, so it's likely not much more than a boat anchor at this point. Makes for the perfect body panel donor though!

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, JCKustoms said:

Had the ceramic coating touched up...

068a5b656311f9c19fe39f16276cdcbc.jpg

f96e46d8c78b02a33e4ee9f7215827d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in an asinine argument with a "pro" detailer that says a silicon dixoide products are not ceramic, and that no true coating has SiO2 in it. I pointed a bunch out, and linked to a chemistry teaching site that even explains that ceramics can be composed of various elements and silicon oxides and he said they were new products that don't apply to the argument, and that I was stupid and didn't understand, that anything is only ceramic if it has a resin hardener.  

I guess he hasn't noticed that they all come in a initially liquid form. It's like saying it's not a light if it doesn't have a filament.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 1

Nice! Looks great out there! :thumbs:

Sucks they had to put their watermarks all over them, but that's how it goes in the internet age.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw it for the first time in two weeks. Had to scrub 5500 Miles of dirt off the Honda. While I was washing the Honda, a piece of PPF came off, noticed some crap was stuck under it so I ripped it off. Driver side a pillar. Luckily I still have some Trac wrap left. It was suntek but think I'll replace with xpel, their small roll is $20 on amazon. I'll just do it myself. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have owned my Z/28 for 40 years. It was my plan to keep it off the road in the winter, take good care of it and only drive it for fun.
Last week I had it up on the lift doing my 5-6 year fluid changes;

tranny, rear end, brake fluid, cooling system and PS fluid etc.
I took a couple of shots of the underside of the floor boards and am real happy with how they look after 31k miles.

Z28 Floorboards.jpg

Z28 Floorboards2.jpg

Z28 Floorboards3.jpg

Z28 PS fender number19.jpg

Z28 Frontangle2019.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...