What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

18 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

We had a 1993 940, followed by 2000 S70, followed by our current 2016 XC90.. Volvo for life!
The wife won’t drive any other brand! Lol! Great vehicles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - never knew how good they were until I worked on a buddy of mine's '95 940 - I thought it came from Florida! Everything came apart no problem, brake and fuel lines were perfect, as was the body.  I couldn't believe when he told me it had been driven every single winter in MA since new.

After that, I scoured Craigslist and bought 2 of them. :thumbs:

Edited by Jsdirt

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it, found a new base Camaro convertible for 11k off. Remember, my wife wanted a convertible when we bought the Camaro. She didn't fall for it this time. The way I understood it, we need somewhere to put it first(but, we could hold 6 more cars in the driveway). So I guess I need to move, or build something. :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Those things are sweet. Good to know they fit under the Camaro - not much will, lol.

My buddy's fire-breathing '10 is even lower than stock - I can't even get my lift arms under it - need to drive on blocks! I won't even touch the engine on that thing - he's got way more money than I can afford into the engine alone. I'll let the guys who built it be responsible for that one, LOL.:lol:

Good plan...if you can't break it you don't have to buy it! :lol: 

Going to Aurora, CO on Thursday to pick up a parts car. In remarkably good shape for its age, and the undercarriage appears to be quite rust free...nice thing about living in areas with no salt on the roads!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found a new picture spot, right by my house, driven by it for years but just realized at a certain time of day it's perfect. Only got a shot of my Accord so far, after putting on a coat of HCW, which happens to highlight the barely there purple in the grey flake. Over 3 years old now.

U3Lsnfo.jpg

S3ZqLQc.jpg

l9NPbwR.jpg

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

It's surprising how rare the new Regal GS is. There is not one for sale new in the entire state of Oklahoma. Some of the cheapest are within 4 hours though. If I needed another car soon I think it would be on the short list.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

• 3 weeks later...

Kept looking over at it while doing a correction on the Mazda. 4 hours tonight, about 75% of the way done. If I decide to do the roof. But what would be the point? For sure have two doors left. But I might go ahead and do the hood/xpel. It has taken a beating and a quick run showed improvement, but will try hot water first to see if that gets the self healing going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was using the ceramic topper on the coated car, and found a big scratch. Wife said she thought she avoided the branch during the storm. D'oh. Apparently it was just over the crest of a hill.

Trying the tire coating today.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS