Foglights On With High Beams

i got a pi for my boy too!.. .went on line and dropped an emulator on it... got over 3k old school games... atari, sega, nintendo... etc.. even games that only came out in china.!... .. can run 4 usb xbox controllers from it..!... i guess its more for me.. them 8bit games he's just not down with.. i mean.. between his ipads, phone, computer, xbox 360, ps3, both wii's... .. lol.. kids these days!..

Thats the plan! When I have some "free time", we'll continue putting it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did this mod on my new-to-me 2016 Yukon. For the life of me, I could not get the fat lead of my 3a rectifying diode (I had some already) in deep enough. I did not want to have to run to the nearly dead-and-deserted radio shack in town so, I just used an LED that I had laying around. Now I have a small green idiot light at my left knee when the high beams are on, along with my fogs. It is a subtle light, but handy, actually. The flat spot on the LED corresponds to the silver band on the diodes. Flat spot to the high beam wire.

Anyone have any spare diodes? Dont want to purchase 100 lol.

PM me your address. I'll send you some. :). My good faith gesture for the month. I buy them in 100 packs. Lol

Edited by pgamboa

Bought a pair of them at Radio Shack for a few dollars.

If you still have a radio shack. [emoji15]. Learned my local one close just recently.

If you still have a radio shack. [emoji15]. Learned my local one close just recently.

Had one locally, here too, that closed without notice. Went to the next town over, CLOSED. I ended up having to drive all the way down to Palmdale. OH CRAP!!! I just remembered, the one in Tehachapi is still open, should have went there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and pictures Spurshot.

I went 10 to 22 brown and 26 to 26 brown to pink.

It was definitely easier to unplug brown for 10 to 22 and took all of 5 minutes :D

• Like 1

Ok, I tried this today with no avail. I have read this over until I am blue in the face, and am missing something. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what wire colors to look for on my harness. I have a 2016 1500 LT. I attached what the harness looks like under my dash. Thanks!

09f2e2004fefe5cde718566739941ac3.jpg6656163b7ab45e8148bf0c1287bef595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, I tried this today with no avail. I have read this over until I am blue in the face, and am missing something. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what wire colors to look for on my harness. I have a 2016 1500 LT. I attached what the harness looks like under my dash. Thanks!

09f2e2004fefe5cde718566739941ac3.jpg6656163b7ab45e8148bf0c1287bef595.jpg

Are you colorblind? Not trying to be a jerk but that could be an issue?

Are you colorblind? Not trying to be a jerk but that could be an issue?

I don't think so. I can see the brown with white strip and the violet with brown stripe. I have tried 4 different diodes, flipped the direction of it to make sure, sharpened the end to fit, and still it isn't working. I was hoping that maybe the wire colors that I am using are wrong and someone else had expertise in this, if in fact the 2016 colors were different.

Could be that it's not inserted all the way in, they can be tough. I can go take a picture of mine later today, but I followed the setup in this thread exactly

That has to be my issue. I was pushing in, but maybe it just isn't setting correct. I'll try again this weekend.

• Like 1

That has to be my issue. I was pushing in, but maybe it just isn't setting correct. I'll try again this weekend.

The first time I attempted to do this mod, my fogs would blink/flash while my HIs were on. The lead on the diode will almost be all the way in the "socket." I had to try all four corners of both sockets to find the one that worked best. Did the same process for when I mod'd my cargo lights to my reverse lights.