Why dont my gauge, climate control and mirror map lights work?

With the headlight switch on (either park or headlights) you should get a DC voltage value between 0 and 12v (or what is coming in on pin B) when moving the dimmer control from minimum to maximum. As far as checking the fuse goes I would do a continuity check on it but since you're just learning to use the meter you might just want to swap it with another 10a fuse for now. Now if you don't see the values while back probing pin K you probably need to pick up another headlight switch.

If the meter is giving you problems just get a normal test lamp and back probe it with that....you should be able to watch the lamp go from dim to bright.

I borrowed a test lamp from my grandpa today and I attempted to use it and work the dimmer at the same time and the lamp lit up but the dimmer had no effect at all on dimming and brightning of the test lamp. Is it safe to say the switch is the problem? I also changed out the 10A illum fuse and nothing at all changed.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be my suggestion. BTW, the ILLUM fuse only comes in to play if you're getting the correct output from the headlight switch. Keep me posted.

I'll keep you updated for sure. I went ahead and ordered a used headlight switch off of ebay and it should be here in 2 or 3 days so when it comes I will let you know what happends. Thanks for all of your help

Not a problem....looking forward to getting the results. :thumbs:

I installed the new headlight switch and it fixed all of the dash lighting issues. I appreciate your help bossier62guy you truly helped me solve this issue. :thumbs:

Archived