Bilstein shocks thread

2 hours ago, ESSGUY said:

thanks for the reply, i think i will set bilsteins at 3/4 in front, truck is not a daily driver and when it is used it will be either loaded with hunting equipment and dogs or towing 4 atv's.

Tandem axle? You'll have no issues

Here's a better front shot with a decent load in the trailer (16.5' steel chassis tandem axle) there are 2 snowmobiles in the trailer at the time.

IMG_0759.JPG

46 minutes ago, tanner709 said:

Tandem axle? You'll have no issues

Here's a better front shot with a decent load in the trailer (16.5' steel chassis tandem axle) there are 2 snowmobiles in the trailer at the time.

IMG_0759.JPG

yes, tandem axle aluminum. pulls nice and has good tongue weight.

Wow.. hauling my 16’ enclosed on all stock suspension no leveling or drop I already sag.. I want to go to 5100s and level but would definitely need air bags. With the factory rake and my trailer hooked up I’m already a little lower in the back. 

ACFFCB34-F3A6-43A2-AF40-5ACB82A5B0D5.jpeg

I've seen them listed as available within the last few days so they must be out finally.
I'd be amazed, but I'll look before I order something this month. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have seen they posted on their instgram account that the 6112 is available.

Doesn't show on their site, so ordered 5100 rears. I'm over them and can swap them quick. The fronts will wait for when I do all my front lights again, just make a weekend out of the front.

Will 5100s help my back from sagging so bad with my trailer? 

The 5100 rears are just shocks. No lifting ability. I will tell you they help with towing quite a bit as far as the bucking and side to side bouncing. They may lift the truck 1/4" in the rear simply because they have a lot of gas pressure extending them.

If you want to solve your sagging rear when loaded and towing get a set of Roadmaster helper coils. They install quick and are adjustable for the weight you want.

Even if they don’t lift I think I still want them. I’m coming from a 3/4 ton and my first time pulling the trailer I noticed a ton of what felt like chassis roll. So if they help with bounce, roll and sway I am sold. 

37 minutes ago, Josh154 said:

Even if they don’t lift I think I still want them. I’m coming from a 3/4 ton and my first time pulling the trailer I noticed a ton of what felt like chassis roll. So if they help with bounce, roll and sway I am sold. 

I think 5100s out back AND a sway bar will make you happy.

Check out the Helwig rear sway bar, it made a HUGE difference for me. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hel-7735

Edited by aaronarf

Okay, now that I've had my '17 for 6 months I am wanting my raised height that I had in my '15 or somewhat similar. I had the front of a 2.5" RC leveling kit, but switched out the rear blocks for 3" ones, as I was able to keep most if not all the factory rake on the truck.  I am looking to put Bilstein 5100's all-around this time to stay away from the spacers and wanted to know how much if any rake is had with that setup? Am I going to need to put in 2" blocks to raise the rear a little more over the 1.25" factory blocks? I also have Hellwig helper springs to help with towing the trailer.

TIA.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:40 PM, Korazu said:

Okay, now that I've had my '17 for 6 months I am wanting my raised height that I had in my '15 or somewhat similar. I had the front of a 2.5" RC leveling kit, but switched out the rear blocks for 3" ones, as I was able to keep most if not all the factory rake on the truck.  I am looking to put Bilstein 5100's all-around this time to stay away from the spacers and wanted to know how much if any rake is had with that setup? Am I going to need to put in 2" blocks to raise the rear a little more over the 1.25" factory blocks? I also have Hellwig helper springs to help with towing the trailer.

TIA.

I have a slight rake on my truck, Bilstein 5100s set on the highest lift and factory block in the rear.  It isn't excessive, 2" blocks would definitely give you a substantial rake, IMO.