Please help me pick among Denali/SLT AT/reg. SLT

BigRedd

GM really doesn't make this easy. It's as if they went out of their way to make sure there was no configuration available that would give me everything I wanted, when it really shouldn't be that hard. Namely: (1) painted bumpers; (2) AT OEM wheels; (3) ventilated seats; (4) no wood in interior; (5) chrome grill surround with AT or reg. Sierra insert; (6) non-AT suspension. Going with the 6.2L in all cases. CCSB.

If these were your preferences, which route would you go? Thanks.

SLT AT:

Pros:

1) By far my favorite OEM wheels (strong preference for OEM)

2) Painted bumpers

3) Favorite interior trim

Cons:

1) No ventilated seats (can't be fixed)

2) The painted grille surround is too much; don't love the grill insert; would likely buy standard Sierra grille

3) Don't really want the Z71 suspension (could buy Bilsteins)

Denali:

Pros:

1) Magnetic ride control

2) Painted bumpers w/chrome grill surround - perfect combo for me

3) Ventilated seats

Cons:

1) $3K more

2) Hate the Remington razor grill insert (would have to swap it out);

3) Don't like the wood interior trim (could probably have it wrapped)

4) Not a big fan of the wheels (machined version) but don't hate them

Reg. SLT

Pros:

1) Cheapest by $1-2K

2) Ventilated seats

3) My favorite of the three grilles

Cons:

1) Chrome bumpers (would have to swap out/paint)

2) Worst OEM wheel options (don't like polished; only machined)

3) Least attractive interior (bright metal trim; I believe with faux wood like the Denali; could have wrapped)

As built, the reg. SLT is about $51-52K, the AT $53K, and the Denali $56K.

Thoughts?

AT with 6.2..... you will be ok with the shocks they come with. It's rides fantastic stock. I thought ventilated seats were now offered in the AT? I know they weren't in the beginning... but I thought I saw where they are now?? Could be wrong...

Its a tough choice, I have a SLT and my brother has a Denali. I dont think the extra cost is really worth it to get a Denali. The 2 things I noticed that my SLT is missing is the sunroof and the power sliding rear window. I can live without the sunroof because I have had 2 vehicles with a sunroof and never had them open.

I can tell you for sure that one thing my brother does not like is his painted bumpers. The front bumper is getting covered with rock chips, as for the wheels I like chrome so I am not much help to you. Mine has the same wheels as the Denali and I love them.

Either way your going to get a nice truck!

Everybody's tastes/needs/budgets are different. I bought a 2015 SLT A\T with 5.3 last week. It has ventilated seats. It has all that I wanted and more. I didn't have to have the sunroof but it was there. I didn't notice the power sliding window until I got it home. Love it. The 6.2 engine wasn't important to me and there's nothing on the Denali that I'm dying to have. To each his own. Buy the one you like best and you'll be happy.

SLT and SLE can both now get the sliding rear window. There was a period of time during the 14 build that the sliding rear window was not available. Power sunroof can be ordered on SLT.

(RPO CF5 to adds sunroof to SLT)

(A48 Window, power, rear sliding with rear defogger

on SLE - Included and only available with (PDD) SLE Convenience Package.
on SLT - Included and only available with (PCM) SLT Preferred Package and (PDG) SLT Crew Cab All-Terrain Package)

Trim - If desired, covering the metal looking plastic shouldn't be different than covering the fake wood.

Many with painted bumpers have issues with chips - less of a problem with chrome.

Wheels are easy to get changed. Every truck that has aftermarket wheels generates a set of take-offs. Even some dealers will have the take-offs available.

I have a 2014 Denali and the ventilated seats are a huge disappointment when in heat mode to say the least. The AC works fine but if your looking for heat it's just not there. There a a ton of posts on here about how the heated seats don't work. If I were you test drive a new one and you will not believe how cold they are. Just wanted you to know the truth so your not hugely disappointed like the rest of us.

I have a 2015 All Terrain and don't have the vented seats. This is the one option I would have upgraded to if it were available to add with the AT package. However, the heated seats are great. They heat up quick and get almost uncomfortably hot. The AT interior with red stitching and carbon fiber scheme sold me. Add the color matched bumpers, grille, the nice OEM 20'S with the sliding rear window with sunroof and I didn't see the need to step up to the Denali.

You'll love whatever truck you go with, if not...mod it to your liking! :)

I have a 2014 Denali and the ventilated seats are a huge disappointment when in heat mode to say the least. The AC works fine but if your looking for heat it's just not there. There a a ton of posts on here about how the heated seats don't work. If I were you test drive a new one and you will not believe how cold they are. Just wanted you to know the truth so your not hugely disappointed like the rest of us.

I have a 2014 Denali also and the heated seats work. Yes, the driver's side failed but the dealer fixed them as a warranty item. I also no not have paint chips on the front bumper as I had 3M clear bra installed when the truck was new.

I have a '15 SLT All Terrain. I have everything but a sun roof and ventilated seats. Don't care about a sun roof. Would of paid for ventilated seats if it was an option. But I have 5% tint I the Windows and the auto window feature should work fine. "Hold the unlock button for three seconds and all the Windows roll down"

Color matched bumpers are only available on the AT. SLT's and Denali's have chrome bumpers. And the 20" AT wheel is the best looking wheel in my opinion. The standard SLT had too much chrome for me. Wasn't an option.

If you lived close to Delaware, You could check my truck out.

get the SLT. it is cheaper and/or easier to paint the bumpers yourself buy some aftermarket at style wheels or buy some AT wheels that are slightly used. and you can just get the 4x4 without having the "z71" (rancho shocks) suspension. it is much harder if not almost impossible to get aftermarket cooled seats. and if you do it is not as "clean" as a look as the oem ones. also you could just paint / wrap the faux wood on the inside.

this is the way I went. all I have left is to paint / wrap the bumpers and the faux wood and get some black wheels.

I have an AT. My peeve about the AT is the seats. About half the seating surface is plastic. I paid for leather. The side bolsters are covered in a fake "carbon fiber" patterned plastic. The bolsters make up a large area of the seat that you make contact with. The "standard" LTZ/SLT leather seat or the Denali seat is a much better seat in my opinion. The plastic is starting to show it's cheapness already in my 15,000 mile truck. I'm very likely going to have my new truck seats reupholstered.

Archived